question

markus15 avatar image
markus15 asked

123smartbms an Cerbo gx

Hello,

I have a problem installing a 123smartbms in connection with a cerbo GX.

I cannot install the venus-data.tar.gz file on the Cerbo. Actually, this should simply work with a USB stick or an SD card. I have already made many attempts, unfortunately without success.

I listened to the usb cable from the BMS with teraterm, something comes through, even if it's not readable. Maybe I don't have the right baud rate, or the data is not being transmitted in ASCII. So it can't be because of that. Something went wrong somewhere with the installation of the file. I just hope someone can help me here.

Greetings Markus

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Markus15

Use the einstein version of venus os to reset it to factory.

See here.

Did you use this guthub? https://github.com/123electric/123SmartBMS-Venus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus15 avatar image
markus15 answered ·

Hello Alexandra,

meanwhile i become an Answer from victron energy. Now it works, thank you for your reply.
Here the Answer from Victron if anybody have the same problem:

The latest Victron version v2.90+ does not work with our venus-data.tar.gz installer. We are working on an new installer.
There is a different way to install it already:

Download https://github.com/kwindrem/SetupHelper/raw/main/venus-data.tgz and place this venus-data on an empty USB drive. Plug it into the Victron Cerbo and reboot.
You can now plug out the USB drive.

After reboot and several minutes, you should see Package Manager at Settings. Go to Settings->Package manager->Inactive packages and select 123\SmartBMS Venus. Tap on download and then after downloading on install.

The software is now installed and the BMS should be seen in the Victron GUI.

2 |3000