question

pip895 avatar image
pip895 asked

Advantage of SmartSolar MPPT

I have a system in planning which includes an array of 14 south facing panels (400w) feeding two SmartSolar 250/60 MPPTs through a Linx Distributer with attached Multiplus II, GX and Pylontec Batteries.

It also includes a Growatt twin string inverter attached to an east (x6) west(x4) array of panels. This would be on a separate phase in my 3-phase system. How much of an advantage would it be to replace the Growatt with a couple of SmartSolar MPPTs – These would probably also be 250/60s and would cost significantly more than the Growatt.

So, on the positive side we have more efficient DC battery charging and easier system monitoring, but on the downside, we lose some inverter capacity and gain some costs. Are there other advantages and or disadvantages I have overlooked? How efficient would the SmartSolar MPPTs be at low light levels in late afternoon/evening when only the x4 west facing panels have sun – would the Growatt actually do better for example?

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Schunk avatar image Schunk commented ·

A cheaper solution is to connect the Growat at the out of MPII - feed direct connected consumers without using the inverter and hav eless losses. In case of no consumers on out, the Growat will laod the batterie via MPII. see my configuration

2022 01 14 MPII Konfi _02.pdf

This is the ideal USE of Victron Hybrid Inverter MPII.

Ref. To VICTRON ESS manual for details.

Hope to assist!

Kind regards

Eckart

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic