question

Jesse Jamez avatar image
Jesse Jamez asked

Unsure what I need for RV setup

I have a 2003 Fleetwood Expedition 37U. Due to issues with the existing power system I have decided to replace the Inverter and batteries. The RV has an Onan 7Kw Diesel Genny. I am replacing the AGM batteries with a set of 4 Chins 12v 300Ah lithium's. I ordered a Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V VE.Bus and am expecting it Monday.

First off, did I order the wrong Victron? From the brochures, it seems like I should have gone for a Quatro for switching between shore and genny power. I will mostly be off grid with the RV.

My second question is what other components would I need for this system. I'm a disabled vet so keeping the cost down as much as possible without endangering the system (esp the batteries) would be best.

Thank you in advance

jesse.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGeneratorgenerator auto start
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@Jesse Jamez this advice was incomplete and partially flawed. You don’t specifically need the dual inputs of a quattro, but some generators need some additional settings applied, you would need to do some tests.

Considering your situation, having dual inputs where each is properly configured may be more seamless.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

Hi,

I'm Ludo, living in a ME36 CCI.

You'll need a BMV 712 to keep track of your battery status and a Digital Multi Control to remote control your multiplus.

The multi is ok, you don't need a quattro, the Genny feeds the same input as the grid would.

Have fun

Ludo

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jesse Jamez avatar image Jesse Jamez commented ·
Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·