question

mikey59 avatar image
mikey59 asked

g99 application

hi simon i have submitted a g99 application to sp energy they are looking for

• A schematic drawing showing the G99 protection systems (the drawing you have supplied doesnt show the G99 protection)
  • A clear narrative description of the scheme that describes the scheme operation for Normal Mains Healthy, Loss of Mains, Returns of Mains and Paralleling (where applicable)
  • A site location drawing showing landowner boundary
  • Where a developer is representing a Customer or land owner we require a signed letter of authority to act on their behalf
  • any chance you could give me some guidance
  • the inverter is a type tested solis 5kw hybrid
  • thanks
solar
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain commented ·

Hi, I have also recently submitted a G99 application (Form A1-1) to SP Energy and got a similar response. Here is the wording I got:

• A detailed one-line schematic diagram of the proposed installation. Diagram says export limiting. Are you export limiting? If so, what load to? Also, the Type Test Register says VICEN/02689/V1 is Non-Compliant for New installations?
  • A schematic drawing showing the protection systems associated with the automatic disconnecting devices for additional sources of electrical energy including loss of mains protection and trip circuit supervision. Not provided.
  • A clear narrative description of the scheme that describes the scheme operation for Normal Mains Healthy, Loss of Mains, Returns of Mains and Paralleling (where applicable). Not provided.
  • A location drawing and a (1:500 preferred) scale development site plan indicating the location of the proposed generator(s) clearly identifying six figure X,Y co-ordinates of the proposed generator(s), inverter and controls plus an indication of proposed connection point. Any proposed access roads to the generator sites should be highlighted on the site plan. Not provided.
  • If export limiting, please provide export limiting documentation and complete the Appendix A attached.

I was planning to use the Victron Multiplus-II 48/5000/70-50 but it appears that its G99 compliance has been withdrawn for new installations in the ENA type testing database. Apparently this has something to do with "Limited Frequency Sensitive Mode - Overfrequency" or LFSM-O regulations which have either been recently introduced or recently enforced.

So while I'm trying to find out more about the inverter compliance, I replied back to SP Energy to ask if they really need site location plans and access road details for an inverter installation right beside my DNO cut-out inside my house. Will see what they say.

As for the schematic diagram, I gave them a modified version of a schematic from the Victron website but it sounds like they need something closer to a proper SLD. I can easily do that. I can also provide some narrative since they gave me an example of what that looks like and I can probably also use some words from the inverter manual.

I'll update this comment thread when I hear anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
awalkerinuk avatar image awalkerinuk Craig Chamberlain commented ·

"A detailed one-line schematic diagram of the proposed installation. Diagram says export limiting. Are you export limiting? If so, what load to? Also, the Type Test Register says VICEN/02689/V1 is Non-Compliant for New installations?"

Worth adding the G100 on to the application for export limiting (see below)

UK Power Networks added mine by default but that was in August.

2022-10-30-08-38-31-victron-g100-declaration-multi.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain awalkerinuk commented ·
Hi, yes if I have to limit my exports then I will certainly do so by virtue of G100, but my DNO misunderstood my application because I was just saying that my system is capable of export limiting in the event they demanded it. Ideally I’d like all the flexibility I can get to export if it makes economic sense. I mean, it’s only 4.4kW which is not that far above the “magical” 3.68kW which permits G98.

I’m still waiting on the ENA bureaucracy gears to turn full circle so that I can re-submit my G99 application with hopefully less friction. I already got my “site plan” which, ironically, I had to ask Scottish Power to send to me so that I can send it right back to them with an “X marks the spot” about 12 inches from where they installed the cut out and meter! I pushed them really hard to accept my application onto the G99 fast track scheme but apparently they are more worried about the network impact of 4.4kW (battery & PV) than 3.68kW (battery) + 3.68kW (PV).

Is it any wonder that sane people don’t want to follow such stupid rules?

I mean, what is more likely to cause DNO network issues? A 9.6kWh battery system attached to a 4.4kW inverter where there is no “new” energy generated or a combination of 3.68kW PV inverter AND a 3.68kW battery system inverter where the potential export is 7.36kW and “new” energy is generated from the sun? And yet the latter qualifies for fast track and the former is treated as if you were installing a nuclear power plant! Absolute nonsense…

Anyway, at least I’ll keep fit jumping through those hoops! ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
mikey59 avatar image mikey59 commented ·
hi a huge thank you to all that have responded

just a up date on the g99 application it has been accepted and have got a offer of 5kw poc no works required by DNO cost to me £300 administration and designers time not sure if this is a flat rate or case by case has any got a way around this

can any one tell me what commissioning paper work would be required by DNO have electrician to make final connection and issue a full cert for new single circuit

inverter is a solis 5kw hybrid

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
tfboy avatar image
tfboy answered ·

I'm in a similar position - I to have a MP2 48/5000/50-70 and have been researching this issue and preparing a G99 application, although my DNO is SSEN.

From what I can gather, VE have confirmed that the current MP2 range is compliant with the new regulations brought in by Ammendment 8. There are a new set of certificates available for G98/G99 applications where Kiwa state this . But they haven't yet been rubber-stamped by the ENA as they are undergoing verification.

It could be your application was refused if you submitted the older certificate which has now been marked as not valid for new installations as the newer certificate (currently pending review) supercedes it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

l81ker avatar image
l81ker answered ·

The new certificate is going to take awhile

According to the website today "awaiting further info"

https://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/Index?Action=ViewDetail&EID=67447644&tab=search

1667036381492.png

1667036381492.png (485.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain commented ·

Hopefully it won't be anything major and hopefully the ENA won't restart the 4-6 week review period once the additional info is provided... We can always hope!

0 Likes 0 ·
drandrewr avatar image
drandrewr answered ·

Hi Mikey59,

can I ask what you provided that SPEN finally accepted? I’m in a similar boat going through G99 application with them just now, and whilst I can supply much of the information, and even create full PIDs if required, I’d rather avoid the work if I can.

Cheers,

Andrew.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic