question

jj-o-jj avatar image
jj-o-jj asked

ESS programming

Easy Solar II, Smart Shunt, off grid.

I would like to program ESII, so that the loads on "critical loads output =AC OUT 2" would be activated by SOC.

So the critical load output would be activated when the state of charge is 100% and deactivated when it reaches 50%.

How can i do that?

ESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
OK, AC2 is non-critical loads.

I think what you want to use is the programmable relay assistant.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
jj-o-jj avatar image
jj-o-jj answered ·

Is this the way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJGP3G0P7no

VEconfig

turn on

Assistants>Relay>programmable>ac2 out relay>set relay on>state of charge internal batery monitor>when soc over YY%

and turn off

Assistants>Relay>programmable>ac2 out relay>set relay off>state of charge internal batery monitor>when soc under xx%

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pretty much, yes. Just test the conditions you set properly.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

ESS isn't for use off-grid and doesn't seem like the right idea for what you want to do.

You could probably use one of the other assistants to control the relay based on SOC but that's beyond my comfort zone.

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@JJ-O-JJ

@nickdb is correct ESS will not suit your needs.

By critical do you mean loads you dont want turned off?

If not connect it to AC 2 out and program that relay to switch on and off.

Or

The entrie system can be programmed to switch on and off based on SOC in the inverter tab.

screenshot-20220927-140717.jpg

2 |3000

jj-o-jj avatar image
jj-o-jj answered ·

Sorry, ACOUT2.

"connect it to AC 2 out and program that relay to switch on and off. "

This, how do i do it?

2 |3000

pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

You probably need to use NodeRED and the Venus large install for this kinda customisation.

1 comment
2 |3000

System relays can't be changed via node red, unfortunately
0 Likes 0 ·