question

maisiestar avatar image
maisiestar asked

Multiplus 3000 120amp Lithium/Generator settings

I'm a complete novice, so please forgive me if I'm wording this wrong. We live off grid, and have a Multiplus 3000 120amp inverter and recently upgraded out batteries to, 2 x 200amp lithium batteries, which are in parallel. Both inverter and batteries have been working brilliantly. We also have a 2000 watt generator, which use to work brilliant with the inverter when we had agm batteries. I recently tried hooking the generator up since changing to lithium and the inverter doesn't like it at all now. Please could someone advise if there is a special setting I need to change on the Multiplus 3000 inverter. The settings have been changed on our mppt charge controller for lithium but nothing on the inverter. Please advise. Thanks in advance

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Hello @MaisieStar ...Perhaps you could elaborate on "doesn't like it all now". Does that mean the charger doesnt work or does it mean the Multiplus will not accept the generator input at all?

Thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

You'll also need to adjust your charge setting and battery voltages to the new batteries to avoid damaging them. This is done via the VE Direct software with a laptop or via VRM. Ensure you have the correct settings or you risk damaging your new batteries.

Every comparable battery type and brand in Lithium have different settings which can be found on the Victron website.

2 comments
2 |3000

maisiestar avatar image maisiestar commented ·

Thanks for the info. So how do I adjust settings via a laptop, ethernet cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
ponzoa avatar image ponzoa maisiestar commented ·
You'll need a MK·-USB connector connected to a windows laptop with VE Direct software or via VRM from a windows PC with VE Direct software. Please make sure you know what you're doing though as you can damage your kit.

The software can be downloaded from the victron website in downloads/software.

0 Likes 0 ·
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

Set the grid current limit to 8a when running from the generator and all should be well

2 |3000