question

zak avatar image
zak asked

Need help : No ESS assistant found following to Multiplus II upgrade

Hi,

Materials : Multiplus II 5KV + CCGX v2.90+ 4 Pylontech batteries.

Everything was working fine except some recent alarms rise on High voltage battery.

I took the opportunity to upgrade Mutliplus II from V459 to V497 using VRM. The ESS that was ok is now empty menu with No ESS assistant found.

I tried to use VE configure 3 to re-initialize the ESS assistant but no way, VE configure 3 does not see my CCGX and the Multiplus while VictronConnect is able to see the CCGX.

Please drive me to the right direction to re-engage the ESS mode on the CCGX, I am lost now.

Thanks

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Did you reapply your settings file after the update, since updates wipe all previous settings?

You will need to reapply a config file remotely via vrm or you will need a mk3 usb adapter to do it via victron connect, or veconfig if you are starting from scratch.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zak avatar image zak commented ·
yes but the issue is the veconfig does not synchronize any more. I used to save the configuration previously before the upgarde but I had not noticed I was disconnected from the system so it saved a default factory config and not the existing one.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ zak commented ·
Confirming you disconnected the multi from the ccgx before connecting your laptop?

You may want to try reflash it with veflash.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Zak

You do not know what you are doing.

Before doing anything else (I assume you also did the upgrade) read the manual. If you had done that you would know a firmware upgrade wipes off all the settings and it warns you to make a copy of the settings before proceeding.

screenshot-20220922-170703.jpg

The CCGX does not interface with the mk3 except to test if it is actually functions. Unplug it when programming the inverter.

Since you have a Pylon system follow this guide to get ESS back onto your system High voltage alarms on Pylons are normal when new. Can be controlled with this fix also in the manual.

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

And you will benefit from watching the Victron You tube channel to learn abit more about your system, and head over to Victron Professional, make a free acount and benefit from the free training there.

2 |3000