question

noel1968 avatar image
noel1968 asked

Minimum PV panel for 3000VA/48

Hello

For an EASY solar 3000/48, is 305 wX 4 panels 72 cell sufficient?

1. Or what is the minimum watts can be used?

2. Do you require 75% solar power of inverter capacity for it to be configured and rum well

Thanks - Noel

EasySolar All-in-One
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

noel1968 avatar image noel1968 commented ·

Sorry typo - * run well

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Info still too sparse to offer much real help. Eg. Offgrid?

If it is, then in *very broad* terms for that usage..

You'd need to keep overnight usage down to about 2kWh for those batts to be enough.

Depending on your climate, maybe triple the panel size?? Setting as a %age of inverter capacity holds no serious usefulness. Strange..

But your panels seem 'light on', just the same. There's a fun sizer here: https://www.victronenergy.com/markets/off-grid Move the sliders around to see what happens in real time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

There's no lower limit, and the upper one is a fair way off. Whether it all 'runs well' is for your batts, your loads and you. You'd need to tell us the whole story for more detailed advice.

1 comment
2 |3000

noel1968 avatar image noel1968 commented ·

I have 305wp x 4 connected to the Easy solar and have 12v x 4 (200AH) batteries for backup. So the dealer has communicated to me stating I need to add more panels (75% of the inverter capacity ) for the system to be run well, meaning with full 100% usage of loads through solar/battery. My average consumption is about 7-10kwh per day

0 Likes 0 ·