question

gregwcil avatar image
gregwcil asked

24/3000 shuts off BMS when battery connected

Just finished wiring my system in an RV. I have the Multiplus 24/3000 and a Bestgo 24 V 200ah battery. I’m using a 200 amp breaker/disconnect. If I’m not plugged into shore power or the solar panels, when I turn on the battery breaker the voltage drops to 2 volts across the battery terminals. Yet the Bestgo battery readout stays at the 26 volt range. In another forum they suggested the inverter/charger capacitors are likely tripping the BMS cutout.

I bought a resister and if I jump it across the breaker terminals for a few seconds, then turn on the breaker and everything fires up fine. My question is if this is a common problem and if so, why doesn’t Victron address it?

Just trying to learn.

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@GregWCIL

The resistor is used for many battery installations. Some batteries such as BYD have a precharge circuit built in, so this is not an issue for every battery brand/build.

Really capacitor inrush is common on all inverters, some more than others depending on power and design, so the responsibility is on the installer and battery manufacturers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gregwcil avatar image
gregwcil answered ·

Thank you.

2 |3000