question

t1-terry avatar image
t1-terry asked

Multplus 2 in parallel, slave not switching to shore power

We have two x Multiplus 2 inverter/chargers in parallel. When shore power is switched on, the master switches to mains, then battery charging commences with the relevant charging stage light on ..... but the slave continues to flash between mains and inverter lights, indicating it is in slave mode but not switching to mains power.

The master is set to 5 amp shore current limit to allow for both units acting as a charger and drawing a total of 10 amps on shore power.

When I add a 2000w load while on shore power, the master inverter stops charging and goes to power assist mode, the slave does not change the intermittent flashing lights but also now doesn't appear to be acting as an inverter either ......

Any ideas?

T1 Terry

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The slave always only shows the two LEDs blinking, nothing else.

Do you have a clamp amp-meter to check if the slave is changing/discharging?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

t1-terry avatar image
t1-terry answered ·

Now why didn't I think of that ..... I'll try that and see what I find

T1 Terry

2 |3000

t1-terry avatar image
t1-terry answered ·

I was sure the Mk1 Multiplus had both inverters switch from inverter to mains and the charging regime that was happening at the time, but then maybe I'm just getting old and imagining things.

All works as expected, load sharing within a few percent and changing within a few percent of each other, so I just spend a day and a half chasing a problem that didn't exist ..... Me thinks I owe me a drink and you one as well, that you for your help

T1 Terry

2 |3000