question

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii asked

MPPT state Bulk Protection?

Hi can someone tell me what the bulk protection mode does on the MPPT and why it is active?
Over VRM or the console is nothing apparent but via grafana is the solarcharger/State = Bulk Protection. Now I wonder if something is wrong with the system or if I reach a limit somewhere and therefore lose solar energy.

MPPT Controllersmppt state
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @MrYoshii

This is just a wild guess, but if you're running a Multi/Quattro and ESS it might be related to the tickbox 'Stop after excessive bulk' (in the Multi charger section).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mryoshii avatar image mryoshii commented ·

hmm im not sure it says "Stop after excessive bulk" but for me it was chargeing with 2500W. In the manuel it says: If the absorption voltage has not been reached after 10 hours, the battery may be faulty and the charger will switch off for safety reasons. So i think its not that but thanks for the input

0 Likes 0 ·
usernamepasswordbs avatar image
usernamepasswordbs answered ·

I would also like to know what Bulk protection means.

I am still trying to program a relay to switch a load on when battery enters absorption so I want to "drive a relay based on CHARGE STATE" (NOT state of charge!) so this could be useful to me.

In Ve.configure there is an option to drive a relay on charge state in the relay assistant but there isn't any simple "bulk, absorption, float" triggers available in there, only "Bulk protection activated" and "general system failure". So I need to know what Bulk protection is to see if it would be useable.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic