question

redbeard avatar image
redbeard asked

Chassis and Coach battery voltage always the same

I configured my BMV712 to monitor my coach batteries and connected the second cable to monitor my chassis (starter) battery voltage. The connections are correct according to the installation instructions. The coach and chassis batteries always show almost the exact same voltage. When boon docking, for example, my chassis battery voltage decreases to the same level as my coach batteries. This can't be right. Help.

voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Did you measure the voltage with a multimeter to make sure they don't really have the same voltage?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

redbeard avatar image
redbeard answered ·

Yes. I thought the same thing so I checked. Ran the coach battery down to about 77%. They read almost the same...less than a 10th of a volt difference. Rechecked the wiring/hookup. Also disconnected my solar...still reading the same. Puzzling.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic