question

dram avatar image
dram asked

Bought a brand new Victron 100/20 SCC, received what looks like a used device.

Hi guys,

I've bought a new Victron 100/20 SCC from the Amazon store, and would like to ask is this what a brand new Victron SCC looks like, is this normal?

It even had tiny micro metal shavings over the plastic, and wear on the back black install plate screw slots.

To make matter worse packaging was terrible, the unit box had a lot of room to bounce within the package during the whole way of delivery.

I was so excited to get Victron's SCC, am so bummed about this right now. :(

I've gladly paid a premium for this top-notch product, read so many good things about Victron, and all I wish for is to receive a brand new unit, in working condition. No more nor less.

Thanks.

1662566964949.jpg

1662567017885.jpg

1662567017894.jpg

victron community
1662566964949.jpg (2.1 MiB)
1662567017885.jpg (1.8 MiB)
1662567017894.jpg (2.8 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

No, that is not what you should expect as a brand new Victron product. That what you have received is used for sure.
The box should have mouded EPE foam to encapsulate and protect the product within, the product should not be rattling around inside the box like a pea in a whistle.

Please contact the seller and ask then what they're playing at and to send you a new one like you paid for in the first place.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Agree, but do it through Amazon system, then there's Amazon protection. Once resolved you can rate the seller appropriately.

2 Likes 2 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
Send it back! Use the Victron Website "Where to buy" to find a reputable distributor.
1 Like 1 ·
dram avatar image
dram answered ·

Update:

I've requested a full refund from Amazon and returned the product. In the meantime, I've ordered a new unit and this time from a credible store in the UK.

I knew I'll have to pay 30% for import fees and customs, but I had a great experience with the UK stores before and sure enough, professional service from the store. The unit I received was in impeccable condition, the packaging and everything.

Anyhow,

Thank you guys for taking the time, much obliged!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic