question

Bruce Richard avatar image
Bruce Richard asked

Help wiring up Temp Sensor and 2 + leads on BMV-712

I am wiring up my Victron BMV-712

I see in the instructions that the Temp Sensor + needs to plug into B2 on the Shunt, where does the Black wire lead go on the Temp sensor plug into?

OK, I get it ... the original POS Supply Cables are not used because the Temp sensor wire doubles at the POS cable when used.

BMV Battery Monitorinstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Red goes into B1 & black goes into B2.

The other wiring that comes with the BMV is not used / required when the temperature sensor is used (as it also provides the voltage).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bw32056 avatar image bw32056 commented ·

The BMV I received had 2 red leads with eye connectors. Are only one of those to be used or both connected to the +ve terminal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeep Guy avatar image
Jeep Guy answered ·

how about monitoring the starter battery which use the same inlet as the black wire ?

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Posting here for posterity for others' searches: you cannot monitor start battery voltage while using the temperature sensor.

2 |3000

robinsons avatar image
robinsons answered ·

So then do I need Smart Battery Sense if monitor start battery voltage while using the simple temperature sensor not possible?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic