question

janusz-sebek avatar image
janusz-sebek asked

Multiplus II 48/5000 defective series? Not sure before connecting

I bought two Multiplus II 48/5000/70. On both inverters, the connection terminals to Battery missing(or not?) connection plate. Please check attached photo.
Unusual design of the battery connection terminals or a incomplete series.
Never before seen that type of connection. Is it ok or defective series?
styk-bad.jpeg

Multiplus-IIbattery connection
styk-bad.jpeg (405.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
john-gordon avatar image
john-gordon answered ·

Hello community. I have this exact issue, the Bat - terminal block does not have the strong metal plate the Bat + terminal has.

It can't be correct to torque 12 Nm onto essentially PCB board coated in a thin film of metal...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Have you considered reading the manual?

98e95dc1-49c7-40fa-818d-618591714e9b.jpeg

1 comment
2 |3000

janusz-sebek avatar image janusz-sebek commented ·

Thank You for fast reply!

My problem is that Positive and Minus connection plate are different. Positive has special steel plate, but on Minus is only an PCB (there is place for steel plate, or maybye I'm wrong). Never before on any connection point saw that solution
2 Likes 2 ·
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@janusz_sebek I have the same. No issues when connection the cables. I didn't feel any concern when tightening up the connections.

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Already dealt with in this thread.

2 |3000

john-gordon avatar image
john-gordon answered ·

Hey Jason, thanks for adding. I'll be listening carefully for "crunching" when tightening!

The conduction pathway then must be from the upper metal surface through what looks like 48 x, 1 mm diameter holes, giving only a total of 37.7 mm^2 conduction pathway.

Kinda makes a mockery of adding 70 mm sq cables to it. This is surely a Hotspot when the current is flowing?

2 comments
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@John Gordon I have changed to 70mm2 cables on my now. They fit with no issue.

1669823715160.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
1669823715160.jpeg (2.2 MiB)
john-gordon avatar image john-gordon Jason - UK commented ·
Ah, I neglected the conduction pathway through the steel bolt itself, though I'm not sure it's so nice to include this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic