question

josef-skaba avatar image
josef-skaba asked

Multiplus restarts when connected to Cerbo GX

Brand new Multiplus 12/3000 120 230V connected to a brand new Cerbo keeps restarting after a few seconds when connected with a normal UTP cable. Not cross over cable, tried a several cables with the same result, not pluged in to LAN port but to ve.bus, tried powering the Cerbo from the same source battery as Multiplus even a different one - didn't help. If I leave the cable connection, Multiplus keeps restarting. It works for some 3 seconds and resets. Then it works again for some 3 sec and it repeates again over and over. For the approximately 3 sec I can even see on the to cerbo connected display the usual menu with current movement in system. So the connection actually works. But just the approximately 3 seconds. When I disconnect the utp cable, the Multiplus works without any problems. If I stop the Multiplus ("Off" mode) on the Cerbos display, the reset won't happen even if plugged to Cerbo. It happens just in "On" or "Just charger" mode.

What is the matter please????

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
taylortops avatar image
taylortops answered ·

Can you please confirm which ports you are plugged into at each end? Also, are they both on same ground? What else is connected? (try minimal connections eg remove screen if you have one plugged in)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josef-skaba avatar image
josef-skaba answered ·

Thanks for you answer taylortops,

on Cerbo side it's plugged into VE.BUS (just beneath the LAN port), on Multiplus in one of the VE.BUS ports.

There ist just the Cerbo connected. I unplugged even all ACs.

Both units are on the same battery, cerbo is powered from the Multiplus terminal block, so I assume they are on the same ground.

The problem persist even with unplugged screen.

While connected to mk3-usb interface the Multiplus works fine and I'm able to monitor it remotly. The VE.BUS port on Multiplus is in my opinion therefore OK. Local dealer tried another Cerbo, but the Multiplus resets itself again.

2 |3000

josef-skaba avatar image
josef-skaba answered ·

The problem was a defective main bord in Multiplus. After it was replaced, everything goes well.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic