question

alik avatar image
alik asked

Globallink 520 and smartshunt via Bluetooth

Hello

I have tried to use Victron Smartshunt 500A with GlobalLink (beta software) via Bluetooth This works only on beginning, but after it will be lost. I can see Voltage but not SOC.screenshot-20220829-100809-vrm.jpg

globallink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël van de Giessen avatar image
Daniël van de Giessen answered ·

Hi @Alik,

Based what you are describing, I suspect that the connection between the SmartShunt and the GlobalLink is not great, presumably due to the devices being out of range and/or something interfering with the wireless Bluetooth signal.

You can see the Bluetooth signal strength by connecting to the GlobalLink with the VictronConnect app and checking the signal strength indicator shown in the list of smart devices.

The voltage shown in the VRM dashboard is the System Voltage. This value is automatically determined based on all available sources of voltage information in the system. If the SmartShunt is not available / has connectivity issues, it would fall back to using a different source of voltage information, for example other Victron devices capable of measuring the battery voltage in your installation, or if nothing else is available the input voltage of the GlobalLink itself.

This would cause the voltage value to still be displayed in the VRM dashboard (but note it's not the value from the SmartShunt but from another source) and the SOC and other values to be missing (since the installation does not have any alternative sources for those values).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

er-minio avatar image
er-minio answered ·

I have a similar issue. Globallink ran three days connected to both a Victron Smart Solar controller and SmartShunt via bluetooth, and now the connection with the smart shunt is gone.

All devices are within one meter from each other.

I’m getting a VE cable for the shunt for the time being.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic