question

rstokes101 avatar image
rstokes101 asked

Which Phoenix Smart IP43 Charger for sailing yacht with AGM batteries?

Hi

I have a sailing yacht with a domestic bank of 3 x 85Ah AGM batteries, and an engine start of 1 x 85Ah AGM battery. I need a new charger and am looking at a Phoenix Smart IP43, but am not sure whether to go for 30A or 50A, or for a 1+1 output or a 3 output. The batteries 'preferred charging current' is 17A, so with 3 in parallel in the domestic bank, I assume the 50A would be better? For the engine start battery, does it matter with I use the low current output of the 1+1, or a 'normal' output of the 3-output. Does anyone know what the voltage is on the low current output of the 1+1? Any advice from those with experience would be most welcome! Thank you, Richard

Phoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
simoly avatar image
simoly answered ·

I thing 1+1 is better for you. 50 A is ok for 255Ah, but 30 is ok too. Depend on time you want to charge your batteries. Charge current for starter battery is 3A.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic