question

motylu avatar image
motylu asked

Update interval of Victron input node in Node-RED flow

Hello guys,

I am using simple Node-RED flow with input node (reading state of Cerbo GX discrete input) and output node (changing ESS settings). Problem is, that update interval of the input node is 5 seconds according to description on the Victron github page in part "Event based scheduling" (https://github.com/victronenergy/node-red-contrib-victron/wiki/Example-Flows).

Is it possible to change this standard update interval for example to 1 or 2 seconds?

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

The five second interval is for non-changing values. The cause for not picking up all changed values sooner is caused by a bug in the code and ought to be fixed in the next release.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

motylu avatar image motylu commented ·
Thanks, excellent support!
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, is it really only once every five seconds? Have you tested it?

2 |3000

motylu avatar image
motylu answered ·

Hello @mvader (Victron Energy),

I am using digital input of Cerbo GX to disable ESS feed-in to grid instead of using Aux1 input of all Multis (reason is described by me here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/103726/multiplus-ii-grid-protections-and-feed-in-control.html). EU standard and of course our distributor have requirement, that after receive remote signal from grid, PV system must interrupt feed-in to grid within 5 seconds. From my observations, delay between activating the digital input of Cerbo GX and disabling feed-in is approx. 5 seconds.

I don’t know exactly the reason, but only what I want is reduce this delay under 5 seconds - for example 3 seconds will be enough…

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, I’m looking into a solution for you and will get back to you.

Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·