question

Mikael avatar image
Mikael asked

Pylontech with BMV-712 and/or temperature sensor.

I have some questions about a Pylontech setup.

Today I have the following, (not yet installed):

1 Pylontech US2000

1 Venus GX

1 Venus GX Temperature Sensor

1 BMV-712

1 SmartSolar MPPT 250/100

1 Orion-TR 48/12-9

The battery will sometimes be below the temperature for charging and I want to make sure that it will not get charged then.

Do the BMV add any value and more features than just using the Pylontech BMS with Venus GX?

If I do need this can I use the Venus GX temperature sensor, will that send the temperature to the MPPT?

BMV Battery MonitorPylontechTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

In this setup, the only value BMV adds is an easily accessible state of charge reading. As the VGX requires an external device.

The temperature will be managed by the Pylontech, it will communicate a maximum charge current via CANbus to the VGX, which will then control the MPPT. No other temperature probe is required, it is built into the pylontech.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Also be sure to read this, especially about DVCC

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

0 Likes 0 ·
Mikael avatar image
Mikael answered ·

Do you think I should I use a Battery Protect to disable loads when the battery SOC get to low?

2 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Only if you have DC-loads, what kind of loads do you have? (don't see anything in your post, what other components?)

0 Likes 0 ·
Mikael avatar image Mikael boekel ♦ commented ·

Sorry. It will be a pure DC system to start with. I have a Orion DC/DC 48/12-9. So could I just use the remote function on that to turn off loads?

Planing to add a MultiPlus during next year.

0 Likes 0 ·