question

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image

New home screen Widgets feature for VRM app on your phone

Hello Victron Community,

There is a new feature to make it easier to keep an eye on your Victron system,

Phone Widgets!

These allow you to show the vital power system information right on your phone Home Screen without even needing to open the VRM app.

How to get started;

Step 1: goto your app store, and update the VRM app if it hasn't already

Step 2: open the VRM app, make sure you're logged in.

Step 3: go to the phones widgets screen, in iOS this is by swiping to the left-most screen.

Step 4: scroll to the bottom and press the edit button you see there

Step 5: click the plus button on top left

Step 6: select the VRM widget

Step 7: select one of the many types of different size and layout (try them all)

Step 8: press the + Add widget button on the bottom

Step 9: press done; (even though the widget says to select an installation wait till the next step)

Step 10: tap and hold the widget until the "edit widget" option becomes available

Step 11: choose an installation by tapping only once on the installation selection, and then choose your installation from the list that appears

done!

Step by Step Video;

VRM_Widgets_iOS.mp4

VRM_Widgets_Android.mp4

Example screenshots;

vrm-status-widget-home-ios.png

vrm-evcs-widget-ios.png

vrm-environmental-widget-ios.png

Further documentation is being prepared, so please feel free to ask any questions here.

We'd also love to hear any feedback, be it positive, problems and suggestions for improvements.

As an idea - a possible next step is that we are looking to also add widgets to VictronConnect, which work via Bluetooth.

VRMvrm app phone widget
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

UPDATE - There was an for some users issue selecting installations in the widget after installing the app.

This was occurring when their installation name was numbers instead of letters.

This issue has now been fixed on our server side, and will be fixed after the installation names refresh automatically after 24 hours.

However if you don't want to wait, you can delete the app now, reinstall it, and it should be possible to select the installation immediately.

If anyone is still having issues selecting their installations - please let me know :)

2 Likes 2 ·
31 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi All,

This new feature is now considered stable.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and assistance in resolving the issues.

I am now closing this thread -

If you have any more bugs with this VRM phone widget, please create a new specific question thread with the topic 'VRM app phone widget'.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

-ed avatar image
-ed answered ·

The new widgets are amazing. The communication of info is a major plus-point for Victron. Thank you Guy, and thank you Victron.

I've been monitoring them and they seem to update every 15 minutes. I noticed that the temp sensors widget doesn't list the sensors numerically like the web VRM does.

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @-Ed- ,

Can you please elaborate a bit further on what you mean with some screenshots?

0 Likes 0 ·
-ed avatar image -ed Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ,

Here are some screen shots:

1. This shows that the temp sensors in the sequence as per the ports at the bottom of the Cerbo GX. I've given the sensors names in the Device List of the Remote Console for my installation, but kept the Victron plug/port numbers (24 to 27) so that I know which one I'm looking at.img-4366.jpeg

2. These are the new sensor widget. The sequence changes every time it refreshes. It should supposedly remain the same as the Cerbo GX.

img-4369.jpeg

img-4365.jpeg

img-4368.jpeg

Not serious, it's just something to maybe look at next time you get a chance. Don't know why the sensors are re-shuffling in the widget like that.

Thanks,

Ed.

1 Like 1 ·
img-4366.jpeg (126.5 KiB)
img-4369.jpeg (137.6 KiB)
img-4365.jpeg (133.4 KiB)
img-4368.jpeg (136.1 KiB)
Thanks, that makes it clear. I'll pass it on to the developers.
1 Like 1 ·
-ed avatar image -ed Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
The sort order of the environment widget is now per Victron instance and the sensors are thus numerical so the widget is working perfectly. Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
bluejeans avatar image
bluejeans answered ·

I didn't know there was a VRM app. I just downloaded. I tried to sign in with my VRM credentials. But it won't let me.

Tried to "register", but it tells me my email already exists

How do I get in?

5 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@BlueJeans

Have you tried logging into the browser VRM? When you do you can recover your password that way.

0 Likes 0 ·
bluejeans avatar image bluejeans Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I normally stay logged into VRM. But yesterday, I had to log into VRM several times, with whatever was going on with the server. I don't need to recover my VRM password. I know it, and it works

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ bluejeans commented ·

Hi @BlueJeans,

There was an issue with the server. Issues logging in can be corrected by resetting the credentials (even if you know the credentials are correct). See here - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/152364/vrm-portal-after-yesterdays-outage-cannot-log-in-o.html

0 Likes 0 ·
bluejeans avatar image bluejeans Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Many systems will not let you reset a password... to your current password. Can "reset" my password in the app, to the same password I use for my browser?
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ bluejeans commented ·

It's the same VRM account for both app and browser. Once the password is reset, you can set it to your current one again.

0 Likes 0 ·
dsfas9 avatar image
dsfas9 answered ·

wish there was ability to control state of Multiplus (on/off/charger only)

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @dsfas9 - Thanks for the feedback, we are definitely considering more powerful controls with future updates.

You can see an example above for the EV charger.
3 Likes 3 ·
alik avatar image
alik answered ·

Amazing! Thanks!

What about to add widget with data from "extended" (from VRM)?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Alik,

There are more limitations with the app widgets than the website widgets.

What kind of data would you like to see?

0 Likes 0 ·
alik avatar image alik Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hallo,

Sate of charge and current from smart shunt. This is connected with GlobalLink via Bluetooth. screenshot-20220825-114753-vrm.jpg

1 Like 1 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Installed the new VRM App, it forgetted the login credentials for the portal during the update, also it is very Google chatty, my firewall raises a lot of connection attempts to google servers 1e100.net besides the cloudfront.net and amazonaws.com.

Which servers are driving the vrm and which can safely be blocked?

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

I can see the widgets, but they disapper once dropped on the screen, widgets from other apps work just fine. (Android)

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @JohannDo,

We haven't seen anyone else with this issue yet.

What phone and Android version are you using?

Could you also please post a screen recording of the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Havenga avatar image Brian Havenga Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

1f7ccf5b-3e9e-4bad-9125-ff5840735e98.jpeg

Hi Guy

This Is on IOS / have removed and reinstalled VRM - cannot get the app widget to display

do you gave any suggestions to try get around this issue

0 Likes 0 ·
dirk-s avatar image
dirk-s answered ·

I like the first one very much. It seemed to work well on my Honor phone. I will observe it.

Generally I don't like the graph with the bar so much. I prefere more the graphs from the advanced vrm view. Perhaps similar to Solaredge in case you know it.

But you all do a very good job in generally . Thanks a lot.

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Dirk_S,

What is it about the graph that you don't like?

0 Likes 0 ·
dirk-s avatar image dirk-s Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Perhaps my English knowledge is not the best: I ilke more a kind of floating graph like for SOC instead of the bars for every hour for Solar and Consumption.

I also would prefere a daily view for the values of from grid, to grid, consumption and production instead of a 24 hour view. But perhaps there exists also other opinions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks, that is clear.

There are other similar requests for a daily value instead of a 24 hour value, so I have added your voice to that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @Dirk_S - this has now been changed to a daily view like you suggest.
0 Likes 0 ·
matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer answered ·

Hi, the new widgets are great idea, but for me they don't refresh automatically. I always have to tap the refresh icon in the widget. :( How can I activate auto refresh?

2022-08-24-092504.jpg

2022-08-24-092504.jpg (183.3 KiB)
13 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Matthias Roetzer,

Android - The widget will automatically refresh once every half an hour - or when manually refreshed with the button.

iOS - depends on the user, between 40 to 70 refreshes in a day. iOS updates the widget by taking into consideration multiple factors, for example: at what time user checks the widget, which widget is checked the most by user, etc and updates it accordingly to the user needs, we can't control it.

Both are limited by design of the operating system to preserve battery life on the phone, and we are limited with what we can do.

2 Likes 2 ·
matthias-roetzer avatar image matthias-roetzer Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Many thanks for your answer, but it does not auto refresh at all. See new screenshot below. I can only do it manually. 2022-08-24-124338.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
2022-08-24-124338.jpg (857.6 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ matthias-roetzer commented ·
Your screenshot shows 9 minutes old, it will automatically refresh after another 21 minutes.
0 Likes 0 ·
matthias-roetzer avatar image matthias-roetzer Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

sorry, no!

that's the time when it was last time refreshed in hh:mm

so 09:01 means 09 am 01 minutes. and that stays the same until I manuall tap the ring icon for refresh.

compare the two screenshots above, they are exactly the same! just the time in the uper left corner is different, where difference is about 3 hours.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ matthias-roetzer commented ·

Ahh that is quite different behaviour between the iOS and Android versions.

For me in iOS that is a counter, not a clock, thanks for reporting I will pass it on.

1 Like 1 ·
harold avatar image harold matthias-roetzer commented ·
Same issue here, only manual refresh

0 Likes 0 ·
dirk-s avatar image dirk-s harold commented ·
On my Honor View 20 it actualize from alone. At least once per 30 minutes.
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Matthias Roetzer and @Harold

Can you please tell me me your android device and android version number.

Can you also please check other widgets and see if they are updating?

(We want to be able to exclude other limitations on widget updates (for example the device may limit the updates if user has battery saving mode on).

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Morning, herewith:
Device Samsung S10 plus
Android version 12
One other wdget, from Windfinder, which is updating automatic every ca 30 minutes (not exact)

1 Like 1 ·

Samsung Galaxy S10e

Android Version 12

One UI Version 4.1

Other Victron widgets with same behaviour, at least the one for EV charger.

1 Like 1 ·
harold avatar image harold Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks!

It all works great now.

Update ca every 30 min!

1 Like 1 ·
harold avatar image harold harold commented ·

Sorry, it stopped auto updating :-(

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold harold commented ·
Thanks seems to work again!
1 Like 1 ·
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Awesome addition! Another win for Victron and it’s customers.

Thanks team!!!

2 |3000

David avatar image
David answered ·

This one is fantastic 4bb555f7-62aa-46cd-a32d-1048cb484341.jpeg

2 |3000

agamos69 avatar image
agamos69 answered ·

This is a great addition to the VRM app, thanks. Would it be possible to create some Apple Watch complications too?

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for the suggestion and request, but not from us at this stage.

There are enthusiasts in the modifications space who are already using the APIs we make available to add things to their watch, but not officially supported.

0 Likes 0 ·
mario-neugaertner avatar image
mario-neugaertner answered ·
This is a cool feature. Thanks for that!
2 |3000

alik avatar image
alik answered ·

For me widgets don't refresh automatically too. Samsung S20FE, Android 12.

4 comments
2 |3000

harold avatar image harold commented ·
See above, work in progress ;-)
1 Like 1 ·
Hi @Alik,

There was a VRM App update since your post, has this been resolved or are you still experiencing the issue of not updating after 30 mins?

0 Likes 0 ·
alik avatar image alik Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

After updating it's absolutely better, but second widget( Environment) has still issues with updating:

And once another: I turn my mobile on fly modus on the night, after VRM looj like this:until VRM vill be started:

screenshot-20220905-082046-one-ui-home.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
alik avatar image alik alik commented ·

After fly modus:

screenshot-20220905-082046-one-ui-home.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
ditmarco avatar image
ditmarco answered ·

Olá

No novo widget, em alguns telefones quando se aumenta para mostrar mais informações, isso não acontece, fica só como na imagem abaixo.

Obrigado screenshot-2022-08-27-16-45-04-86-ee3dc56039c34776.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

Olá

Qual telefone e versão do sistema operacional você está usando?

0 Likes 0 ·
ditmarco avatar image ditmarco Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hello, eu coloquei em nome de um amigo. Ele vai tentar fazer um video com o problema e modelo do equipamento.

No entanto, no meu funciona, sendo que por vezes, quando perde a informação expandida, nem sempre ela volta, parece "temperamental", mais tarde tento e funciona..
Obrigado

0 Likes 0 ·
rainerb avatar image
rainerb answered ·

Hello.

Unfortunately the widget on a Samsung J5 with Android 9 doesn't show any of the fancy stuff that some other people posted here (no sign of the charts, production kwh values etc...). There is no change of the content when I resize the widget as shown in your video.

VRM App is the latest.

The app does not refresh automatically - only when I press the refresh symbol.

This is what I see:

screenshot-20220829-072209-one-ui-home.jpg

Regards Rainer

8 comments
2 |3000

Thanks for the feedback, there are some devices where the resizing is not working properly.

Is it possible to do a screen recording showing exactly what you are trying to do?

A fix for refresh issues is on the way (currently internally testing).

0 Likes 0 ·
rainerb avatar image rainerb Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry, I have no video screen recording tool on my android 9 phone available.

I do the following:

I press on the widget until the sizing frame appears, then I scale it in every direction. The widget does not scale in height though I can scale the sizing frame top to the bottom of the screen. In this case the small widget hops only in the middle of the screen. It is not getting bigger and does not show more content.

screenshot-20220829-101355-one-ui-home.jpg

Hope that helps...

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ rainerb commented ·
It does, thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
Leslieanne avatar image Leslieanne Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Guy,

I have exactly the same experience as rainerb above (no bells and whistles, resizing does not help, no automatic refresh) on a tablet (samsung galaxy s6, android 12) and also a phone (samsung galaxy A51, android 11).

Hope this helps with your troubleshooting.

But, even with these limitations, the widgets are a great addition!

Cheers, Leslie

1 Like 1 ·
n-dee avatar image n-dee Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Same here.

Widget has room on the top and bottom like in picture above.
So its not possible to do fullscreen or size it correctly e.g. below other icons.

(On Android)

1 Like 1 ·
Leslieanne avatar image Leslieanne n-dee commented ·
Update..

I discovered on my Android tablet and phone that you need a LOT of space above below and sideways! If you resize the homescreen app layout to at least 5 across and 6 deep, then the widget will give full detail when you expand it. I previously had my phone mainscreen set to 4x5, and tablet to 5x5, (easier for my dodgy old eyes to see...) and in both cases the widget would not give full detail.

Cheers, Leslie

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Leslieanne commented ·
Thanks @Leslieanne!

That's really useful information - I have passed it on to see if it can be improved in the app, or otherwise added to the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @RainerB - there was a suggested fix that seems to be working for others:

"I discovered on Android that the format/settings of your homescreen will affect whether or not the widget will fully display when you expand it.

In the picture just above Scraggs homescreen has 4 x 6 apps displayed. You need to set this to at least 5 x 6 for the widget to display correctly when you attempt to enlarge it, even though it may look like it has plenty of room.
Cheers, Leslie"

This issue was marked as VC8 and resolved.

0 Likes 0 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered ·

Tried to find if there is a thread already about widgets, there was not so I started one... well. Then found this.

That search thing is broken. @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

1661781525791.png

1661781525791.png (40.5 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

There are over 300 questions about widgets, so not broken, just not the most popular yet.

If you hit enter to search, and then sort by date, you will see it (as it’s more recent than hot).

1 Like 1 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
I was kind of expecting that most recent topics would get higher score.
1 Like 1 ·
dansonamission avatar image
dansonamission answered ·

eeabe4d4-74f6-408d-aa86-d619c7efa74a.jpeg3c6c846c-77b5-4145-a69c-99a0f8a5f55c.jpegOn some of these widgets, DC is shown in red and grid is blue. This is the wrong way around.

If you turn off ‘has dc system’ the values all shuffle up one but the colours stay in the same place and grid becomes red and loads become blue, but they were yellow before

2 comments
2 |3000

Thanks for reporting @dansonamission - I'll pass it on to the developers.
1 Like 1 ·
dansonamission avatar image dansonamission Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) Hi Guy, I see there was an update yesterday that addresses the colour issues at the top of the widget, however they are still wrong.

Grid is now yellow and the loads are red.

On vrm the colours are grid-red, loads-green, critical-yellow, solar-orange and battery-blue.

widget-colours.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
widget-colours.jpg (57.1 KiB)
scraggs avatar image
scraggs answered ·

Not sure if this is an iOS only option, but on my A71 android I can't get anything like the information in the picture. the widget is 2x2 and very hard to read and with limited information.

I get the second picture
38774-eeabe4d4-74f6-408d-aa86-d619c7efa74a.jpeg

android2.jpg

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Scraggs,

The larger graphs require there to be enough space around the widgets.

Watch the android video in the first post, it shows how to expand the widget near the end.

Other users have also had issues with this, so if following the steps in that video don't help, please report back with your phone model, and a screen recording of the attempt and it will help the app developers to improve it.

1 Like 1 ·
Leslieanne avatar image Leslieanne Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) @Scraggs

I discovered on Android (already mentioned in a comment somewhere above in this looonng thread) that the format/settings of your homescreen will affect whether or not the widget will fully display when you expand it. In the picture just above Scraggs homescreen has 4 x 6 apps displayed. You need to set this to at least 5 x 6 for the widget to display correctly when you attempt to enlarge it, even though it may look like it has plenty of room.

Cheers, Leslie

1 Like 1 ·
scraggs avatar image scraggs Leslieanne commented ·
That done the trick

Many thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
scraggs avatar image scraggs Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you Guy

That along with altering the icon layout has now sorted it.

0 Likes 0 ·
ccb avatar image
ccb answered ·

Hi, for me the widgets are not working at all. Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition, Android 11. Also, in the widget list I cannot find anyone which looks like the above ones.

On Huawei P9 Plus, Android 7 the widgets are not available at all.

VRM is working, not all the time, but working ...

I cannot attach video, I am receiving a message that I cannot attach files more than 25Mb. Tried to make it smaller without success.

This is how it looks on my homepage. Edit option does not appear when long press on the widget, just remove button option. Also the arrows are not working at all.

screenshot-2022-09-02-09-41-32-396-commiuihome.jpg

3 comments
2 |3000

Thanks for reporting @CCB - I have forwarded on your report.

I presume that you watched this video and followed along - VRM_Widgets_Android.mp4

It should be possible to upload a bigger 140MB video with the Upload File (not the upload video) feature;

cleanshot-2022-09-05-at-133848.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @CCB,

We have been unable to reproduce this issue with the latest version. But are also unable to test your specific device - hopefully this is now resolved for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
ccb avatar image ccb Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Thanks for trying. I gave up, it can be some issues with my phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
bottemlesspits avatar image
bottemlesspits answered ·

1- Minor Bug report screen Grab from video and can confirm on my Samsung A32 on Android 12

--Consumption and Production Colors are swapped below the graph.

2- Widget is great auto refresh seems to only work some times mostly manual only ... but allot of the time it forgets the system selected not sure if its just me but could be because is have allot of systems on my account...

1662124530048.png

1662124685708.png (99.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Bottemlesspits,

Thanks for the report, I have added it to another existing similar bug report (internally VC10).

0 Likes 0 ·
Aurelian Ungureanu avatar image
Aurelian Ungureanu answered ·

Hello Guy,

Want to rise up a problem that I'm encountering with the VRM app.

So I run the app on a

Huawei P40 lite 5G

The old VRM app was running without any problems.

After I made the update of the VRM app to be able to add the widgets, the app will continuously crush over a white screen.

I tried to do multiple troubleshooting but nothing seems to work, also double checked installing the old version and the app works fine, of course the old version doesn't have the widgets :(

Hopefully it can be fixed, and maybe in the future would be great to find the app in the Huawei App Gallery.

Just to mention the apk file of VRM app is downloaded via Apkpure website.

I also attached a video with the crush

2 comments
2 |3000

Thanks for reporting @Aurelian Ungureanu,

I have passed it on to the developers (internal VC12).

1 Like 1 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @Aurelian Ungureanu,

There have been some improvements that may have fixed your issue, please delete the app first, then update it, and see if it's been resolved.

0 Likes 0 ·
enda-mcl avatar image
enda-mcl answered ·

Hey guys. Fantastic addition to the ever expanding Victroverse!! You’ve got me - hook, line and sinker!!

I’m a fully off grid user, and would love to see more integration of generator data into the VRM graphs and especially the new widgets.

Any plan to have option to remove ‘Grid’ and substitute for Generator or shore power?

Again, great job :-)

Ps seriously considering an EV now, to use excess solar via your new charger! Happy days!

Thank you!

2 comments
2 |3000

Yes! Generator improvements for VRM are with the design team right now - a long time coming, and some things behind the scenes that make it not as easy as you might think, but we will get it done :)
1 Like 1 ·
enda-mcl avatar image enda-mcl Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Wicked. Great news, Thanks Guy.

E

1 Like 1 ·
ditmarco avatar image
ditmarco answered ·

Ola, continua a não mostrar toda a informação quando se expande, por vezes nem o círculo da carga da bateria aparece.

equipamento OnePlus 8 pro.

obrigado

1 comment
2 |3000

Oi,

Obrigado por relatar, este é um problema conhecido. Eu adicionei seu relatório ao arquivo do caso (internamente VC5).

1 Like 1 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) Hi, still issues on my Huawei tablet, other devices work. Anyway, would be great to configure the refresh rate, 30 minutes are way too long for a widget that suggests life data. Maybe 1-5min or configurable?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @JohannDo,

It has been a bit of a challenge for us to promote this feature accurately within its limitations.

We are looking at some solutions to improve the refresh rate.

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold commented ·
it will depend on your VRM update rate anyway! ;-)
0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image
harold answered ·

All great, but can you also add a generator / grid input in one of the widgets?
Now I can only see solar, load and DC (and grid only in the graph)

and may be TtG, good to know for off-grid installations!

2 |3000

Wayne avatar image
Wayne answered ·

Hi there, love the widgets!

Having issues with my Samsung S20 +5G running Android 12.

I am a Victron Installer and monitor a number of customers via VRM at any point in time.

I can load the widgets, select my account from the list, and they display correctly, however they very quickly revert to the "this widget is not available right now" "Open VRM"

Wondering if this is because I monitor multiple accounts? I should say a colleague who uses Apple and also monitors multiple accounts, has no issues. I also have no issues on a Samsung Tablet.

Cheers

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Wayne,

Thanks for reporting, I don't think it is due to the number of accounts you have, I have passed on the bug report as VC14

1 Like 1 ·
iv4n avatar image iv4n Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
I have the same problem in my phone, Android 13 here.
0 Likes 0 ·
iv4n avatar image iv4n commented ·
I'm getting the same!
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Wayne and @Iv4n,

The feedback from the team was -

For this issue: This error is present when there is no internet connection: The app tries to update the widget without an internet connection, it fails and displays that message.
That message is also displayed when a user token is expired. if the user clicks the button and opens the app, the widgets should update automatically and display the right info.

Do you still have the issue now, and what happens if you tap the widget?

It seems odd that both are reporting, so may be more going on.

0 Likes 0 ·
iv4n avatar image iv4n Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I was able to actually fix the issue and it was by disabling the battery optimization of the VRM app on my android settings, after disabling that I never saw the problem again.

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image
harold answered ·

Please, add time stamp to all VRM phone widgets

Minor request, please add a time stamp to all VRM phone widgest.
Sometimes it is not shure if it has been auto updated!

1 comment
2 |3000

Team is working on this one
1 Like 1 ·
mauromartini avatar image
mauromartini answered ·

Hello @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

For some reason after recent updates I am not only getting 4 basic home screen widgets. I no longer see tank and temperature options and also have not seen generator and ESS options at all.

iOS 16 and VRM up to date.

17b266f0-42b3-4639-bbeb-b3a4d7635bb4.jpeg

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi,

The fix is to delete the VRM app and then reinstall it.

0 Likes 0 ·
aplord avatar image
aplord answered ·

Data refresh lag - missing a key component?

I love these new widgets, they are a fantastic enhancement, thanks. I have one suggestion relating to the refresh indicator in the top right corner of the widget. Currently it is showing the last time the widget refreshed to the VRM portal. It doesn't also take into account when the VRM portal last refreshed to the installation itself.

So, if the internet on my boat goes down, then the data from the Cerbo GX on my boat doesn't get sent to the VRM portal, sometimes for days. The widget on my phone will then display the last values VRM saw, perhaps from many days before. Yet the refresh indicator implies that the data is fresh. So at the moment I can't really trust the values in the widget, I have to select it and look at the age of the data in the portal.

To address this, could the refresh indicator take into account the "last updated" value in VRM?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @aplord,

We are currently working on this and it will be addressed in a future update.

A sneak peek to some of the design options ;) cleanshot-2022-10-13-at-085953.jpg

1 Like 1 ·
aplord avatar image aplord Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks very much Guy, these options look great!

0 Likes 0 ·
soylentgreen avatar image
soylentgreen answered ·

Thanks for the Widget Feature - loving it. Can we have this for the new Apple "lockscreen" as well? Thanks in advance

7 comments
2 |3000

janosch avatar image janosch commented ·
+1 for the avaibility of the widget on the IOS lock screen
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks for the request, I've passed it on to the developers as VC13
0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Guy, the AC Load in VRM does not match the load in the widget on my android S22, see below...

load.jpg

load-f.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
load.jpg (9.7 KiB)
load-f.jpg (76.2 KiB)
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ nesswill commented ·

In all cases the VRM dashboard will be more accurate.

We are limited with the refresh rate/CPU/battery consumption of the widget by the operating system.

-1 Like -1 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Guy

Its 100+ Watts higher in the widget. But no problem.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ nesswill commented ·

The widget only shows a point in time that may be minutes to many minutes behind due to constraints of Android/IOS. If you tap on the widget it will open vrm and start showing a realtime view.

0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Understood but the AC load never gets as high as the widget reading. Just thought victron should know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources