question

cbstive avatar image
cbstive asked

Wiring: Autotransformer balancing Ecoflow Delta Pro Solar Generators

i am inquiring about balancing the loads for two Ecoflow Delta Pro Solar generators with a Victron 100a Autotransformer. I would like to validate the wiring. The two generators come into a proprietary hub where I will take a modified 30amp L14-30 cord and INPUT the L1, L2 and the ground into the autontransformer and cap the neutral. Then OUTPUT L1, L2, N and G to a 100amp breaker in my main panel with a interlock kit.

Wiring.pdf

wiringAutotransformerwiring diagram
wiring.pdf (12.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

If this is an autotransformer, then you can't ground the neutral coming out of the autotransformer since presumably the generator WILL ground the neutral that isn't being used.

Even though you are not using the neutral from the generator there is still a connection to it through the autotransformer.

For full isolation and creating a fresh neutral you need an ISOLATION transformer (separate primary and secondary windings).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cbstive avatar image
cbstive answered ·

so I should not ground the neutral inside the Autotransformer? Just connect the L1, L2, N and G out to the main panel? I was using a schematic off the Victron website where the N is piggy tailed inside the transformer from the out connector to the ground bar.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/AT-5-split-phase-240V-to-120-240V-with-Generator-240V.pdf

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
That diagram suggests the generator does NOT have a ground/neutral connection, so THE ONE ground/neutral connection is at the output of the autotransformer. This would actually be best in your situation as well as long as there are no 120 volt loads on the generator output before the transformer.

Check your generator to see if the neutral is connected to the chassis/safety ground output. If not, go ahead and make your ground/neutral connection at the transformer output.

0 Likes 0 ·