question

fijitech avatar image
fijitech asked

Error #19 with two Multiplus 24/3000 in Single Phase Parallel

Trying to configure two Victron 24/3000 Multiplus systems in single phase parallel but constantly getting Error #19 when I connect to Shore Power.

Current wiring diagram simplified:

Batteries > Smart Shunt & Battery Protect > (2) Lynx Distributors > (2) Victron 24/3000. (All wiring is 4/0 and cut to same length when needed)

Shore power Wiring is all 10 AWG Triplex cut to the same length when needed: Shore power & Generator > Switch > 30a Square D 2 pole breaker *I believe this breaker is my issue* > one single line going to each Multiplus.

First I use the Victron VE.Bus Quick Configure and set the Master/Slave in Single Phase.

Second I run the VE.Bus System Config and I have tried either running it as a Single Phase 1 AC in or Single Phase 2 AC in.

Single Phase 1 AC results in Inverter Overload.

Single Phase 2 AC results in Error #19 Slave Does not have AC Input.

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you think it is that breaker -> exchange it or remove it for testing.

Measure if you have the AC voltage at both AC inputs.

You have to continue to use Quick Config -> right click on the MultiPlus -> open VE.config.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fijitech avatar image
fijitech answered ·

I tried a few things last night as means to test the breaker. I don't believe its a faulty breaker, I was just unsure if it is the 'correct' breaker for the application.

I disconnected one of the 'Out' lines going to the slave MP - No joy, same error 'Slave has no AC input'

I reversed this test and I received the same error.

I then set the system up as 2 standalone MP's. I set one as Do Not Charge and the other Charge. Once I connected the Shore Power, they both worked as intended. Drawback is, I cannot connect both systems to the Cerbo GX to monitor both. I can only monitor the one set to Charge.

2 |3000

Kaspars avatar image
Kaspars answered ·

hello. i am also having trouble with "overload" and disconnecting when 2 mp2 connected in parallel AND ESS assistant added.

But you CAN connect the second MP2 to cerbo if you have the MK3. One MP2 connects directly to cerbo and the other one connects using mk3 that is plugget into one of usb ports of cerbo.

in this scenario, both mp2 are standalone and are not interconnected.

2 |3000