question

markj avatar image
markj asked

What's happened to my starter battery widget in VRM?

I've been monitoring starter battery voltage in VRM for many months but suddenly it's gone, both as a graph on its own and as part of a custom widget.

I think there was a mandatory firmware upgrade to the BMS this week when I Bluetoothed into it - could that have lost it??

VRMstarter battery
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

What device are we talking about?

1 Like 1 ·
markj avatar image markj Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Device? The BMS captured starter voltage, but it's no longer an available parameter to select. That's why I'm thinking the BMS upgrade had something to do with it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ markj commented ·
I'm still guessing which BMS you're talking about, which device measures the starter battery voltage and which device sends the voltage to VRM.
0 Likes 0 ·
markj avatar image markj Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
I see... well, it's a SmartShunt 500A.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
markj avatar image markj markj commented ·

Firmware version is 4.08

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
markj avatar image
markj answered ·

I've solved the problem. The firmware upgrade reset the 'aux' parameter to 'none' rather than leaving it at 'vehicle battery'.

Easy to fix, but a bit annoying it did so in the first place

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Check your sync parameters. Others have had a recent update alter them.

2 |3000

Related Resources