question

nam-erik avatar image
nam-erik asked

Node Red Implementation

Hi, I am new to node red and would like to get going. Need some basic info concerning setting up:

1) How do I actually activate Node Red, is this only done via the LARGE GX firmware? When visiting the node red website there is no mention of Victron, but only to run on local PC, Raspberry Pi, etc. Any development softwre to be downloaded?

2) Is there any develop package to be downloaded that actually creates the flows to be uploaded to the GX device?

3) Can flows be created and later uploaded to GX? What development platform is required for this?

Thanks for your answeres

Erik

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Nam_Erik

Most of your questions are answered in the Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED guide.

You'll need the Venus OS Large image and then activate Node-RED from the Settings menu of your GX device. Everything else is covered in the guide linked above.

Hope that helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

There is node red documentation here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large

Node red runs on The Venus device, no need to an additional RaspberryPi or VM or whatever.

I'll move the question to the modifications section where it is more appropriate.

2 |3000

nam-erik avatar image
nam-erik answered ·

thanks for the feedback. Where do I find the venus-large firmware or is this only through 2.9 beta available?

2 |3000