question

junkycosmos avatar image
junkycosmos asked

Ruuvi temp sensors lost after firmware update, Real-time control broken too, Unplug everything

Have four sensors working solid for 2 weeks

Have external bt400 receiver right in cerbo gx

Updated from 2.8.7 where they all showed great and after reboot onto 2.8.9 they no longer showing.

I have rebooted

Confirmed BT (in io menu) was on, tried disabling it and re-enabled.

None of the sensors show

They are all within 5 feet of the cerbo

Also confirmed that Ruuvi sensors are on latest firmware.

Tried “stored backup firmware” option on Cerbo GX menu that says it will reboot back to 2.87. Clicking it actives pop up that says ‘Rebooting to 2.8.7’ .. it sat there for 2 minutes with no feedback then restarted Confirmed it is back on v2.8.7 and BT is Enabled in IO but sensors are still gone.

Edit

10 hrs later, back in 2.8.7 and sensors still not showing up.

Also have found 2 way control to control inverter and Cerbo relays is broken now too.

When I try to use 2 way control it gives usual 5 sec count down then fails saying “Realtime connection not available now”, the 2 way control box disappears, if I refresh the VRM page the 2 way control box comes back but always fails.

ruuvi sensorsvrm firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
junkycosmos avatar image
junkycosmos answered ·

Well now, here is the fix. HA !

Unplug everything from the CerboGX, then plug it all back in. On startup all sensors immedialy showed back up.

Pretty silly that victron has these firmware issues .. BUT .. apperently unplugging power from the Cerobo GX DOES NOT actually reset enough of it, nor does doing a reboot. INSTEAD unplugging ALL PLUGS from the Cerbo GX (USB to Touch), CAN to inverter and 732, and power does the trick.

This also fixed my realtime/two control too !

@mvader (Victron Energy) : noticed your posts on a bunch of other Ruuvi issues after firmware and sensors not coming back. suggest you try this "fix"

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

junkycosmos avatar image
junkycosmos answered ·

quick followup here: replicated this issue 3rd time when re-upgrading to 2.8.9. Tried removing power to Touch GX 70 (its powered seperately due to screen brightness causing blank out issues) then pulling power to Cerbo GX; this did NOT fix it. Again had to remove all plugs from CerboGX for a full recycle of CerboGX (did not have to remove power from Touch 70).

I do wonder how many others have thought they were fully cycling a CerboGX system by either yanking power or doing reboot on menu. This also raises a lot of other concens about remote management and remote upgrades given that most people cannot fully yank or fully power down all Victron devices to truely get everything back online. Hope Victron takes this seriously.

CerboGX

UB400 BT adapter plugged directly into USB port

2x wired temp sensors in Cerbo

4x Ruuvi BT sensors

MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 120/240V v497

BMV-712 Smart v4.08

SmartSolar Charger MPPT 150/60 v1.59

SmartShunt 500A v4.08

2 |3000

junkycosmos avatar image
junkycosmos answered ·

@nickdb , @mvader (Victron Energy)

pls ack this is on someones radar

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic