question

Jordy avatar image
Jordy asked

Cerbo bilgepump system

I recently installed a Cerbo GX and connected my 4 bilge pumps to the digital inputs.

One of the data elements is cycle count. I'd like to set an alarm if any bilge cycles more than 15 times in any 24 hours period.

Is there anyway to reset this parameter to 0 once per day.

I've set another alarm if the input state is "on" for more than 60 seconds. If the bilge runs for more than 60 consecutive seconds the bilge either has an air lock or there is some sort of flooding. In addition to cycle count tracking I'd like to track cumulative run time in a 24 hour period, anyway to do this?

Thanks

cerbo gxalarmbilge
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird commented ·
They are good ideas Jordy. I would like that also.
0 Likes 0 ·
hmurmur avatar image hmurmur commented ·
I am new to this. How did you connect the bilge pump to the Cerbo ?
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas hmurmur commented ·
Depends on your setup. If you have an existing light or something that is activated by the bilge running condition use that to trigger a relay. Or you might be able to use the float or bilge level sensor. Then connect the NO and COM of the relay to the digital input of the cerbo.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
Don't know if you have a solution already as this thread is pretty old, but you can accomplish this pretty easily with node red.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you can export the information to a excel file and then do calculations there, otherwise the options in alarms are all you have

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jordy avatar image
Jordy answered ·

Can I advice to Victron to adjust this part so that a proper alarm can be set. The use of a bilge pump is to control the bilge and monitor it well. If I understand correctly:

There are 2 important items;

If the pump runs longer then X time

How many time the pump has run in a day. (history is nice but the day is important)

Maybe this would be nice to sent to a sms or whats app, so that a real notice is made to the owner!

1 comment
2 |3000

bignick avatar image bignick commented ·
I wound up here looking for the same thing, I have a Cerbo GX, looking to monitor if the bilge pumps have run, count how many cycles, and the duration.

As well an alarm that would sound if the bilge pump runs for more than 60 seconds, and instanly if the emergency pump runs which is mounted higher in the bilge, so if it is running, there is already deep water inside.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources