question

chris-webb avatar image
chris-webb asked

Monitor Shore power with Cerbo and Energy Meter

I have a Cerbo GX on board. I have 2 120V 30 Amp shore power connections I would like to monitor,

There is the ET112 and ET340. My understanding is that the Cerbo requires a direct USB connection to each ET. Given this, using 2 ET112s would use 2 of the 3 USB ports up on the CERBO. I saw some indication that the ET340 could monitor multiple single-phase connections. Could you let me know if the ET340 could be used in this application?
Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Chris Webb,

It depends on the kind of monitoring you want to do.

There can only be one meter in “grid” mode.

There can be multiple meters in “AC load” and “AC supply/PV inverter” mode. So those could count.

Perhaps you could draw a diagram of the AC wiring configuration?

Do you have a MultiPlus 2x120V? It should offer proper split phase monitoring at the inverter stage. It not mentioned, and how you are using the AC shore supply might change the suitability.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daba avatar image
daba answered ·

Hi Guy,

One point I have to remark.

If you attach a shore power or another type on “non-solar” power source and do configure this as PV inverter, than all the harvested power will be added to solar power which is not correct in this case.

In this case the harvested power should be added to generator, or not?

Regards

2 |3000

chris-webb avatar image
chris-webb answered ·

Hi I am sorry I didn’t think this post was responded to I have created a diagram of the boats electrical system. Thanks for your help in advance img-0326.png

img-0326.png (183.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources