question

tom-donovan avatar image
tom-donovan asked

Tanks showing disconnected

I have 2 tanks connected to my Cerbo, on the VRM portal the tanks levels can be seen, but not on the GX touch. When I go into device list it says they are disconnected, when I go into each sender it says the status is disconnected. when I go into the device it says it is connected. I have updated the system, I have been into the setup and turned them off off and back on again. The sender are obviously working because the info is on the VRM. Any ideas where to go next?

tank monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mixman1 avatar image mixman1 commented ·
I am having the same issue. Did you solve yours?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
tbones1990 avatar image
tbones1990 answered ·

I had the exact same thing happening. Once I added water to my tanks the sensors started to register on the Cerbo. Hope this helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adammich avatar image
adammich answered ·

I just finished setting up a new system and had a similar issue with a fresh water tank sensor that has the standard American resistances of 240-30 ohms. My tank was empty so it should read 240 ohms but going into the setup of the sensor I saw that the actual reading was 259.6 ohms so I changed the value when empty to 260 ohms. Now it shows up as not disconnected. My guess is that if it sees a value outside the ranges in the empty and full set points it just assumes it is not connected and when you start filling the tank, the value is now between the set points.

2 |3000