question

xrsprint avatar image
xrsprint asked

Feature Request - Add built-in programmable delay timer to Battery Protect

Hi Victron Team

I Currently run a Battery protect that has a positive trigger to the remote port so when i turn my ignition on the BP goes active, but I Would love to have a delay on this, currently i am running a timer relay inbetween that then activated the BP after 30 seconds of the ignition being turned on, but would be awesome and a lot less clutter of devices, if the BP could have a turn on and/or turn off delay

Cheers

Battery Protectfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @xrsprint,

Good idea, the timed delay is already in there for the alarm disconnect/reconnect, I'll pass it on to make it programmable in general.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xrsprint avatar image
xrsprint answered ·

Thanks Guy, im sure it would be pretty easy if it can already do that, but glad its a good idea :)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BatteryProtect product page

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.