question

vwbusboy1 avatar image
vwbusboy1 asked

Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80 only reads 64V on AC input

I have a Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80 that I bought to use on my boat February of 2022. The unit had been working perfectly up until yesterday when I noticed it wasn’t charging. I connected the MK3-USB interface and while checking VEConfigure I noticed that the Main AC input voltage was only reading 64V. I checked the input line with a multimeter and found that I was getting 120V going into the unit. I’ve tried resetting the unit and making sure the firmware is up to date.

I also notice when the unit is off and I turn on the AC input from shore power the three LEDs on the unit will flash continuously until I turn on the inverter, at which point the flashing will stop. The inverter function still seems to be working. I am a bit stumped on this one. Is the unit faulty? Has anyone run into this issue before?

ac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

This sounds like a fault on the AC board -as the voltage sensing is disconnected from the input. The 64V will come from a small capacitance across the fault.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic