question

u2fletch avatar image
u2fletch asked

Touchscreen not responding

Have 7" touchscreen that works fine with other rpi images. Installed Venus OS v2.9 on rpi 4 and also tried on rpi 3. Used the rpiSetupHelper and rpiDisplaySetup from KWINDREM.

Display appears fine, but no touch response at all.

Any ideas on what I am missing here?

Thanks for your help.

Raspberry Pi
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
@u2fletch moved to modification space
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

You have to calibrate the display. Use @Kevin Windrem setup tool, boot in headless, run the toch screen calibration tool, touch the markers, then reboot back to the gui.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

u2fletch avatar image
u2fletch answered ·

Are you referring to ts_calibrate? rpiDisplaySetup script boots into "headed" not headless, so do not know how to go back. The /etc/venus/headless file does not appear to be there to toggle on and off. Kevin also said the calibration routine included in the Venus image works okay, but not sure if that is the same as ts_calibrate. I attempted to run that, and it said it was not available. I attempted to load the ts_calibrate packages manually, and when I ran it, the display did nothing.

I will erase everything and start over from scratch and try it again.

2 |3000

u2fletch avatar image
u2fletch answered ·

Started over and ran the commands listed in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05CpRJXye58&t=125s

The ts_calibrate routine worked fine and the display is up and running. I had a problem initially with selecting superuser from the GUI because I was not holding the right arrow button down long enough. Did not know at first that I needed to hold it for 5-6 seconds.

FYI this is the monitor I am using:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082HWF2HW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Great to hear it's solved.Thumbs up.

2 |3000