question

cesar avatar image
cesar asked

Remote configuration without VEConfigure

I would like to change the configuration of multiplus remotely without using VEConenect. The idea is that a code under some conditions trigger the new configuration file load, without human intervention.

My configuration includes Cerbo GX.

Can I do that?

Thanks,

César

cerbo gxVRMVEConfigure 3vrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Cesar

Not if you are trying to program the inverter itself.

See remote configure manual.

You can have several .rsvc files saved with different configs and swap between them. And upload each time you want to change.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cesar avatar image cesar commented ·
Thanks for the help. I will review in details
0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Reed the section about Ve.Bus protocol.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/open_source:ccgx:commandline

You can export and import configs via a ssh connection and shell commands without needing a vrm connection or a physical MK3 interface, you need a CCGX or Cerbo or raspberryPi connected to your Multiplus / Quattro via Ve.Bus to be able to access your system remotely.

You can use VEConfigure offline and store the configuration to a file.You can run this commands automatically to swap preset configs based on events or on time schedules in shell scripts or you write your own service with an dbus eventhandler to do this.

Hope that helps.

PS. be warned, configuration settings are stored in eeproms / nvm flash memory of the controllers, they have limited write cycle life and are not meant to be written daily.

1 comment
2 |3000

cesar avatar image cesar commented ·
Thanks for your kind support. Once you say "use shell commands" does it means direct commands without uploading config file?
0 Likes 0 ·