question

denzel avatar image
denzel asked

Understanding Multiplus 1 Max Cont. Output (24/3000)

Good Day,

As per the Datasheet for the Muliplus 1 24/3000/70 it states the below .

Cont. output power at 25°C (VA) (3) = 3000

Cont. output power at 25°C (W) = 2400

Cont. output power at 40°C (W) = 2200

Cont. output power at 65°C (W) = 1700

Peak power (W) = 6000

Does the temperature in the above refer to the Temperature of the Inverter or the room/location temperature ?

My setup - 3 Multis in Parallel - I have inverted to almost 7000W with no issues however that leaves me wondering can the remaining 3000W be using if the temperature was below 25 'C ?

Regards

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Temperature sensor is internal to the multiplus, but as you have specs of full output at 25C, the fan must be able to provide sufficient cooling at 25C.

Loading up. The answer is, it depends. Watt ratings assume a power factor of 80%. Unless you have the equipment to measure all devices and then do the maths... Some loads will cause overload well before the theoretical max. Also when you have power assist on there's more available.

In general stick to the Watt ratings.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

denzel avatar image denzel commented ·
@kevgermany Thanks for the response . Im left with a currently dilemma, I need to sometimes get to 8000 w inverting power so should i use "Power Assist" or add another inverter to the system

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ denzel commented ·
Power assist is on by default. As this is dependant on the nature of the load, there's no straight answer, sorry.

Suggest you try increasing the loads in as realistic a way as possible.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic