Hello all,

My currect setup is:

Multiplus 48/5000VA

3x MPPT

PV 6000+ W

Venus GX

Pylontech 14.4kWh

Grid connected

As we know, it is not possible to connect parallel 2 different type of Multiplus. I still have two old Multiplus 48/3000VA, which are the same type (removed from old 3-phase installation).

So I would like to configure them to work parallel and then, connect outputs to Multiplus 48/5000VA AC in. As I need some extra power, I would connect my water heater and laundry machine to 48/5000 AC out 2. All other house loads are connected to AC out1. So every time, when I use water heater or laundry machine, those 2 parallel connected Multiplus will supply the power. As you can see from the drawing, I will add second breaker box for only water heater and laundry machine.

My system is off grid 95% of the year, but I still have grid connection, if needed.

My question is:

If I add kWh meter to AC in of the first 48/3000VA, do I then see on VRM, how much power I use from the grid, when Grid metering / external meter is selected ? Im a little worried, because 2 parallel connected multiplus are connected to AC1 of Multiplus 48/5000, so maybe on VRM this is calculated as grid supply... ? I would like to see only real grid consumption.

(All necessary DC fuces and breakers missing from this simple diagram)

screenshot-2172.png

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kimmo Paukku

Not a supported setup.

Also the battery bank is too small to support both inverter setups.

If you did not have any ac connection between them it would be fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kimmo-paukku avatar image kimmo-paukku commented ·
Hi Alexander, Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know this is not supported setup, but it work, right ? :) And I know that battery bank is at the moment too small, but they still sell more batteries and I have grid connection, when I need it. I know as well, that I could do two separate setups by adding second GX device that I already have.

But my question was, If I add kWh meter to AC in of the Multiplus 48/3000VA, can I then see the true grid consumption on VRM, or system will calculate also AC in of Multiplus 48/5000VA as grid AC consumption?

0 Likes 0 ·