question

mrsteve avatar image
mrsteve asked

EASY SOLAR 2 GX, max. wattage feeding back to grid?

Hello,

We are looking at the Multiplus 2 48/5000 with separate smart MPPT 150/60 or the EASY SOLAR 2 GX 48/3000

Maybe a silly question, but when the 48V batteries are full, how much of the exces PV can be

feed "directly" back into the grid using the EASY SOLAR 2?

I see the mppt inside the EASY SOLAR is a 250/70 can handle 4000W PV input,

but the inverter on the 48/3000 model can only supply 2400W at 230V so this would be the max wattage that can be fed back into the grid correct?

We are looking at installing a 3200W PV array btw.. lets say 80%of that figure on a decent day that's 2560 Watts
So that is close to the rated 2400W inverter power. But at max performance of the PV we lose at lot.

Maybe the EASY SOLAR 2 5000 or the Multi2 5000 with separate MPPT would be a better match
as they can most likely feed back 4000W into the grid..?
Or am i missing something?

Thanks for your reply!

Steve

EasySolar All-in-Onefeed-in limitgrid parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

My preference is for separate components (separate inverter, MPPT(s), Cerbo GX, etc.), so I recommend that option.

-------

The grid is AC, so the device which can supply AC power (the inverter) limits how much power you can fed into the grid (of course the PV power must be enough, too).

-------

We are looking at installing a 3200W PV array btw.. lets say 80%of that figure on a decent day that's 2560 Watts
So that is close to the rated 2400W inverter power. But at max performance of the PV we lose at lot.

You want enough power for the inverter AND for charging the battery.

You could scale up the PV array to 5kW or even more. Because the limit which really matters is how much power you have in cloudy days.

-------

Edit:
If the main purpose of this solar system is to feed energy into the grid and power the loads when there is Sun, better choose a grid tied inverter, without battery.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrsteve avatar image mrsteve commented ·

Hi, thank you for your response!

My fault, i did not explain the way we would setup the system..

ess-setup.png

The purpose would be to charge 2 or 3 Pylontech 3,3kwh (or similar) batteries during the day,

and use that stored energy in the evening. So in the event that the batteries are full we would like to feed the extra PV that still there back into the grid.

Also my friend wants a bit bigger battery as a buffer for a potential grid-down.

There is a small PV array on the house that is AC, and we would like DC PV on a small shed in the backyard, the available space limit's us to about 8 panels.

So the main purpose is battery charging, second is feeding exces PV back into the grid.

So the Easy Solar 2 48/3000 can feed 2400W back into the grid and the 48/5000 4000W correct?

Thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·
ess-setup.png (105.5 KiB)
seb71 avatar image seb71 mrsteve commented ·

we would like DC PV on a small shed in the backyard, the available space limit's us to about 8 panels.

More likelly this small PV array will be the limiting factor. There is no way to produce 4000W with 8 PV panels.

And you do not want to feed the grid from the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
mrsteve avatar image mrsteve seb71 commented ·

I know 8 panels not going to produce 4000W..

That's why i said this:

And no, i don't want to feed grid from battery itself,

i would like when batteries are full that exes PV power via the MPPT and Inverter back to grid (if not consumed all-ready by use of appliances in house).

So in other words.. you think the 2400W from Easy Solar or Multi 2 48/3000 should do the trick.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
You choose the off-grid inverter power (size) based on expected loads when grid is down.

Not based on how much power you want to feed into grid.

1 Like 1 ·
Yes i do understand that.

So after a very long question, the short answer is the 48/3000 can feed back 2400W, the 48/5000 can do 4000W back into the grid.. if PV is capable.

0 Likes 0 ·

There is also a temperature derating. Check the datasheets.

1 Like 1 ·
Yes, that's at 25C..

Thanks for your replies.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@MrSteve

The max feedback is the max transfer switch ability.

What you are able feedback is excess to what your needs are and production at the time and so a variable amount.

As seb71 mentioned if you want a system that has a main purpose to feed back, use a grid tied PV inverter before the back up one.

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic