question

lawrence-craig avatar image
lawrence-craig asked

DVCC on Raspberry Pi

Hi there.

I have Venus running great on my Raspberry Pi 3. I have 3 x MPPT connected via USB Ve.Direct to the Pi as well as a Multiplus and SmartShunt. They charge a bank of lead acid batts.

After enabling DVCC on the Venus, is there a way to verify its working as expected? The reason I ask is when I go to Network Status on the MPPTs, it states:

- Networked = No

- Status = Standalone

- BMS = No

This status doesn’t seem to indicate that DVCC is working as you’d expect the device to think it was networked.

The alternative is I use VE Smart Network which I have used with success previously but don’t see why DVCC isn’t working.

Thanks

Venus OSRaspberry PiDVCCVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

IIRC, when I had only DVCC and not ESS enabled, there was no indication the MPPT were under external control or networked in anyway.

Use DVCC to set a low charge current limit. If they observe that limit, you know it's working.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alan avatar image
alan answered ·

The MPPT's only run networked via V.E Can I believe.

Setting, System Setup, System Status is where you can see DVCC status

1657344767921.png

1657344767921.png (45.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

lawrence-craig avatar image lawrence-craig commented ·
Thanks. Is that a screenshot from Venus on a Pi? I don't have a menu option for "system status"
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources