question

rcmcdonald avatar image
rcmcdonald asked

Connecting 2 MPPT Controllers - Bluesolar and Smartsolar

Hi. I'm hoping for some wisdom from the crowd here. I've searched for an answer and come up blank. I have 2 controllers. A Bluesolar 100/30 MPPT controller and a Smartsolar 100/50 MPPT controller. I would like both units to be able to communicate to optimize charging and to be able to monitor and configure charging on both units via the bluetooth connection to my phone, Can I connect the 2 units with the VE.direct cable? Or do I need to connect the Bluetooth dongle to the Bluesolar unit?

Thanks!

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Can I connect the 2 units with the VE.direct cable?

One to another? No.

You have two options:

• Use VE.Smart Networking (in this case you need a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle for the BlueSolar). BlueSolar is more limited. It might not have the same capabilities as SmartSolar.
  • Connect both to a GX device (such as Cerbo GX) using VE.Direct cables. That gives you a lot of capabilities and features, but it is not worth the extra cost for a small system.
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources