question

markg avatar image
markg asked

Using AC-out 2 while ignoring AC-in.

Dear experts,

I'm using a 48V solar system in an area where there is sometimes grid power. Because in general my solar capacity is sufficient for my loads, I set the virtual switch of my Multiplus to only charge when the voltage of the batteries drops under 50.0V. Unfortunately AC-out 2 appears to be dependent on the same AC input relay and cuts the power when AC-in is ignored through the virtual switch. However, I would like to be able to use my AC-in via AC-out 2, for certain equipment, while not charging the batteries. Is there a way to program the Multiplus for this or should I just make a bypass of the AC-in before it enters the Multiplus?

Kind regards,

Mark

ac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
harold avatar image
harold answered ·

You can program this with assistants, and when using assitants you can not use virtuel switches

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

On most models, the AC-OUT2 is downstream from the backfeed relay and so it will be off when the network is not available including ignore AC.
You'll need to connect those loads directly to network supply before AC-IN if you only use them when the network is available.

2 |3000

markg avatar image
markg answered ·

Ok thank you.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic