question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Read energy charged/discharged or power from Pylontech

Hi

I am trying to figure out how much energy is storged to and retrieved from the battery on daily basis. Could somebody help me with figuring out how to read this values from the CerboGX? It also would be fine if I get the active power reading of the battery so that I can do a rieman calculation to figure out the energy.

I tried to read modbus register 301 and 302 on slave 225 (my Plytontech) but it always returns zero. On the CerboGX itself (slave 100) the registers do not seem to exist at all. So how to get the information?

Thanks in advance

cerbo gxbattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru answered ·

Good gracious!

Did not find anyhting about energy being stored or delivered jumping at me, but I found the active power information in W, which is negativ for charging and positiv for discharging. With some riemann magic one can get energy.

data_type: int16
unit_of_measurement: "W"
slave: 100
address: 842
scale:1
device_class: power
state_class: measurement

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

charged/discharged ah is not reported by most CAN bus batteries.

842 is a calculated value based on Battery voltage 259 and Current 261.

If you want depth of discharge you can calculate it from SOC.

For the other measurements in the list you will need a SmartShunt or BMV.

2 |3000

Related Resources