question

stijnl avatar image
stijnl asked

ffmpeg installation package on Raspberry Pi

I would like to install the ffmpeg package on venus OS with raspberry Pi.

This package is not included in the standard repository of Venus os, i tried:

opkg install ffmpeg

i also tried to find a correct package which has the .ipk archive, but no result.

Does anybody have succesfully installed ffmpeg package onto a raspberry Pi with Venus OS?

Venus OSRaspberry PiNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jeroen avatar image
jeroen answered ·

Well if you time + a decent computer, have a look at https://github.com/victronenergy/venus.

make raspberrypi2-bb
bitbake ffmpeg

The ipk will then be in deploy/venus/ipk/.. One caveat, there is a license issue apparently. You need to add

LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST = "commercial"

to build/conf/local.conf. I happily leave it up to you what that implies.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stijnl avatar image stijnl commented ·
Thanks for your reply,

I checked the link but i think it's far above my level of knowledge about those topics. and yes also i don't have a decent computer and time.

is was hoping somebody already had the correct ipk package that i could use, the ones i found were for openWRT routers and didn't work on raspberry

0 Likes 0 ·
Rene Mullie avatar image
Rene Mullie answered ·

Just curious, whatfor do you want ffmpeg running on Venus device?

2 |3000

stijnl avatar image
stijnl answered ·

I would like to acces a Ezviz IP camera from my Node Red Dashboard.

the threaths that i went through for accessing IP camera's in Node Red all involved getting the ffmpeg package.

2 |3000