question

mjohnson2 avatar image
mjohnson2 asked

I need a 5th connection on the Victron lynx distributor

There are only 4 dc circuit connections on the lynx distributor. I need a 5th connection. How to I add the 5th? Can i connect to the 5th set of bolt connectors at the end of the lynx and use an external fuse or breaker? Or do I double up on one of the 4 connections?

lynx distributor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tom4x avatar image tom4x commented ·
What about adding it in the middle? Of course only, if your negative side is grounded somewhere else. On the positive busbar you'd need to drill a hole (no exactly aligned to the negative one, as the existing screw is in the way.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Can i connect to the 5th set of bolt connectors at the end of the lynx and use an external fuse or breaker?

That should work. It would not look as pretty as a second Lynx, but much cheaper.

Or do I double up on one of the 4 connections?

Avoid this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Probably better to add a second distributor

1 comment
2 |3000

Marco Nijholt avatar image Marco Nijholt commented ·
So i did this, but theres a significant voltage difference on the second distributor connected batteries.

The batteries on the first distributor are running at 56.40 while the batteries on the 2nd distributor run at 56.16V. (from the victron battery Bluetooth readout)

The VRM portal reports 56.6V (i assume from the Lynx smart bms)

Is this normal? Or is this a bad connection somewhere. Nothing gets hot during high loads.

0 Likes 0 ·