question

kai avatar image
kai asked

[Feature request] Lower no-load consumption across Victron product range

I was going to post this a while back, a recent post reminded me -

Please consider designing in reductions in no-load consumption in hardware up revs and new products. No-load consumption is a differentiator for my selections; and more broadly with offgrid becoming more popular and end-user knowledge grows, I can only imagine no-load consumption and vampire loads will get more attention in the future.

victron products
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sean avatar image sean commented ·

Could you detail which similar quality products have a lower no load consumption ?

0 Likes 0 ·

This was the biggest single feature improvement in the Multiplus-II for me and my customers.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
offgridsa avatar image
offgridsa answered ·

A good start would be to fix the misleading (incorrect) listed specs for your 8kva and 10Kva Quattro units. Perhaps more models that I havn't tested.

Sean, I could list two local brands that do and by a significant margin but you pay a lot more for the privilege.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sean avatar image sean commented ·

Please do.

0 Likes 0 ·
offgridsa avatar image offgridsa sean commented ·

Sean, The is a 7000w LS - 7048 consumes 0.49A at idle that's under 25w. Specs found here Latronics LS-7048

The Selectronic SP pro SPMC482 is a 7500w and consumes 43w specs on page 73 of manual http://download.selectronic.com.au/manuals/OI0003_24%20004122%20SP%20PRO%20Manual.pdf

If you actually took the real world idle consumption specs of the Quattro 8 and 10kva inverters 80w and 100w. I could then list 100s of cheap inverters that have simular or better idle consumption.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic