question

danirpg avatar image
danirpg asked

VE.Direct HEX protocol on Phoenix Smart IP43

Hi. I see this question before but no one responded.

I need the HEX protocol of this charger for a proyect i have.

Thanks.

@mvader (Victron Energy)

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

VE.Directcommunication protocolprotocol
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@danirpg moved to modifications

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Try setting up a program to read the hex registers using the default protocol and comparing the results with either the asci stream or victron connect. I tried this for the smart shunt, with fair results for reading the registers.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danirpg avatar image danirpg commented ·

Its a good idea!

I see the in one post the SmartShunt uses the same registers as BMV7XX with some capabilities of course.

Maybe i can follow the HEX documentation for MPPT Chargers and apply to this charger?

Im gonna try it. Thanks for the idea!

0 Likes 0 ·
danirpg avatar image
danirpg answered ·

I tried to read the values following the HEX protocol for MPTT and it works!

Also i tried some registers from the BMV HEX protocol like the main voltage monitor (0xED8D) and works also!

So i guess the register are common between products and they implement depending on the product

Thanks for the idea @Mike Dorsett!

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

The VE.Direct hex protocols are published on the Victron download area, you have to submit your e-mail address to get the download link.

1 comment
2 |3000

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
I tried looking there for the smart shunt protocol, and it was not there at that time.
1 Like 1 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

I think, there are 2 files, one is for the BMV and the other has all other Ve.Direct devices covered, just read through the files. Smartshunt and BMV are the same.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic