question

josef61 avatar image
josef61 asked

2 AC shorepower grids and generator in Quattro-Parallelsystem - setting input limits separatly?

Hi,
i plan to install this ESS-System:
2 Quattros in parallel to increase power
1 SmartSolar MPPT
1 Generator
1 Batterypack

I have 2 AC shorepower grid connections 4,5 KW and 3 KW for 2 separate appartements.
Now my question:
To avoid overload the grid connections can i set their limits separatly, maybe to connect 1. AC (4,5 KW) to the AC input 2 of the Quattro (Master) and the 2. AC (3 KW) to the AC input 2 of the Quattro (Slave)? I plan to connect the generator to both AC inputs 1 of the 2 Quattros in parallel.

I read this documentation but i not found an answear:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

TIA

current limit
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josef61 avatar image josef61 commented ·

I see an answer in the main page but can't read it.
1656587305307.png
1656587341096.png
is there a hidden trick?. I#m new on Victron-Forum, sorry...

0 Likes 0 ·
1656587305307.png (20.2 KiB)
1656587341096.png (4.1 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ josef61 commented ·

@Josef61

I think a user may have posted something as a reply then deleted it.

0 Likes 0 ·
josef61 avatar image josef61 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
No problem. I hope in a helpfull answer from the Community.

thx

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Josef61

Not possible as far as i know if they are configured as one system. You can if they are two separate systems with their own GX devices.

Maybe with phase compensation off you can allow each side to draw as it needs up to the max input set on the GX, but then the end user will have to be aware of what they are doing to keep to the 3 you want on the one side.

More on phase compensation here.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josef61 avatar image josef61 commented ·

Oh sorry in my question i had not specified that i wil install a 1phase-System. I live in Italy.

Ok so i will see what i can do. Maybe i will rethink the genset setup...

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ josef61 commented ·

@Josef61

So it is in the manual. The master is the one that decides the input current limit. But it will have to be hard set with no overrule in the GX. Or at least that is how I understood the article. In a parellel set up it would not as on one phase there is a master and follower.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems#configuration

screenshot-20220701-105639.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
josef61 avatar image
josef61 answered ·

Ok, so a possible solution is to set the Ampere-Limit to a half, so each of the 2 shorepower inputs connectet to the 2 Quattros can't be overloadet.

Thank you so much!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic