question

scottd avatar image
scottd asked

Easy Solar 12 1600 Lithium Charging

Hello all,

I have an easy solar 12 1600. I am installing it in my Van and waiting for the AC to be connected. I have the easy solar connected to a Cerbo GX and a 500amp Smart shunt. All devices are connected with Vebus or Vedirect cables. The system is also added to the VRM Portal.

I was going through the manual and looking at the charge profiles. The unit seems built for AGM Gel ect but i don't see any Dip Switch profile for Lithium.

So my question is. Do i need to set any of the Dip switches for Lithium?

Or is the setup Via software sufficient?

If the system reset for some unknown reason would the software config remain or would the system drop to Dip switch defaults?

After changing any of the Dip switches and saving the settings is a power restart required?

Thank you so much for all your help. I know this post dragged on and there is more than one question.

Best Regards.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi Scott, I'm not too familiar with dip switches on easy solar but for my multiplus ii software I believe was the only option so I would assume that's fine.

The software seems to be loaded directly onto multiplus rather than fed live via vrm/venus os/CCGX so if connections go down it should still follow the configured settings.

I'm unsure if/what protections there are against random factory resets that might alter settings but I imagine they must be quite strict given how difficult agm and lithium can be.

I use a lithium iron phosphate battery and manually configured my settings via veconfigure

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Seeing as your on the VRM portal. you can use VRM remote configure program your multiplus.

2 |3000