question

dtronn avatar image
dtronn asked

why is AC panel is tripping something in the 12 3000 multiplus

20220624_155847.jpg20220624_155829.jpg20220624-155901.jpg20220624-155912.jpgPhotos-001.zipwhen I flip the 20A breaker to use AC outlet, its tripoping something in the inverter AND blowing the 60A fuse on the lynx bus bar... 2x times now. Ive checked coinnections, AC outto panel, line 1 to red hot and and nuetral to panel common black, grounded to frame,

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @DTronn,

What is that red wire on the AC Out terminals?

bildschirmfoto-2022-06-27-um-213653.png

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dtronn avatar image dtronn commented ·
that is the hot line out, goes to the 50 amp breaker in my ac panel I just pulled it out to check connection...
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dtronn commented ·

A good starting point would be to disconnect AC In and then see if the problem persist when you run the inverter only from batteries.

And/or disconnect all DC loads, just in case there is load doing something nasty.

Maybe also share also the wiring diagram.

0 Likes 0 ·
dtronn avatar image dtronn Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
ok No DC loads yet, still wiring l(unsuccessfully lol ) the AC side of things.... and thanks yes I will go and try that
0 Likes 0 ·
the disconnected red wire is the AC out, yes.
0 Likes 0 ·
its disconnected from its line out terminal
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@DTronn

Is the 60A feeding the dc of the inverter?

That is only 720W? You have 3000 installed. So it is too small. The inrush of these units is huge.

And hoping this is an incorrect picture and not how you are powering up?

screenshot-20220627-213851.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Alexandra thanks for the quick reply... no, I downsized that fuse on the main Lynx bus, what you have circled is the hot, nuetral and ground that goes to my AC panel breakers for distribution...
0 Likes 0 ·
I dont understand what you mean by "powering up" if your referring to my AC panel, yes, that is how I'm powering up ... as per the diagram from Exploristslife.com...
0 Likes 0 ·
dtronn avatar image
dtronn answered ·

...meant to say that line out 1 is to ac panel 50 amp breaker, black (neutral) goes to the AC panel common... and ground (green) is grounded to the bus bar and vehicle frame. I dont know what I've done wrong, this is a mirror setup of a diagram from Exploristlife.com, and Nate Yarborough is an excellent video instructor, obviously I have screwed something up, but what ??? Thanks folks! Dave.

2 |3000

dtronn avatar image
dtronn answered ·

the red wire is AC line 1 out, it is disconnected in picture, and No, its for the 50 amp breaker on my AC distribution panel.... the other green , white and mostly hidden black wires are from the shore power outlet.

2 |3000

dtronn avatar image
dtronn answered ·

is the 60 amp fuse on my lynx bus too small?

2 comments
2 |3000

Should I have a 150 or a larger fuse for that inverter to the lynx busbar ? wouldnt that exceed that carry capacity of the 4awg wire ?
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dtronn commented ·

See chapter 4.2 in the MultiPlus manual for wire size and fuse: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-MultiPlus-3k-120V-(firmware-xxxx4xx)-EN.pdf

And make sure you pre-charge the MultiPlus before connecting the batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic