question

duswami avatar image
duswami asked

Overload Diagnosis (data included)

Need a little help with an Overload warning. I can't seem to identify the problem. All connections look good. Doesn't show up in VRM, only on the GX. Didn't come close to overloading the inverter's output capacity so can't quite figure out whats going on. Oddly, I get a Grid Lost error simultaneously. From what I Can tell, the inverter never shut down. I've included screenshots from VRM and the logs here, which show the Overload warning, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary...

System specs:

48V 200AH AGM / using 1/0 wire

Multiplus II 48v 3000/35 120

SSCC 150/45

SmartShunt 500A

Lynx Dist

CerboGX

overload-warning-1.jpg

overload-warning.jpg

overload-warning-3.jpg

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxerrorVE.Buswarnings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Duswami

This may be just a mS load spike, and the graphs far too coarse to show anything. I sometimes get this from a water pump. The Multi will ride it out, but always report it. Usually shows ~20 sec to clear, so isn't actually reporting the length of the spike.

Look for something like an electric motor starting, perhaps with a dicky start capacitor? Fridge even?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

duswami avatar image duswami commented ·

@kevgermany @JohnC thanks I figured it was prob something like this, I have to window AC units, fridge and microwave on my essential loads, assuming one of those or in combination must have caused it . Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ duswami commented ·
There's a video on YouTube on the victron channel about it, may help.
1 Like 1 ·
duswami avatar image duswami kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks @kevgermany
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's often due to the type of AC appliance. Try by elimination to isolate what's causing it.

2 |3000