question

peter-s-1 avatar image
peter-s-1 asked

Venus Raspberry Pi 4 Remote Console not reachable / Venus Raspberry Pi 4 Remote Konsole nicht erreichbar

Hello everyone,

The first installation worked smoothly at the beginning, simply drag the image onto the SD card, plug it into the Raspberry Pi and start it, then connect the Raspberry Pi to the router via LAN cable. Check in the router which IP address was assigned to the Raspberry Pi. Enter this IP address in the browser and you get to the interface. Everything had already worked, the Raspberry Pi was connected via WLAN and was accessible via the Internet (VRM).

What did not work was that the Victron Energy VE.Direct to USB interface cable or the charge controller was not recognized on the Raspberry Pi 4.

The communication on the notebook VictronConnect software + Victron Energy VE.Direct to USB interface works, it doesn't seem to be the cable.

Then I started to write an older image to the SD card and from then on I could no longer reach the Raspberry Pi via IP address using the same procedure as described above, either no connection can be established (timeout) or I get the message 'Failed to connect. Make sure to enable Remote Console for LAN, and reboot theb device"....
Tried several images, same error pattern.

Thanks in advance!

SD Image: venus-image-raspberrypi4-20220531134554-v2.87.rootfs.wic.gz
32 GB SD Karte
Raspberry Pi 4 2GB Revision 1.5 b03115 (Sony, UK)
Victron Energy MPPT 75|15

Hallo zusammen,

Die erste Installtion hat am Anfang reibungslos funktioniert, einfach Image auf die SD Karte ziehen, in den Raspberry Pi stecken und starten, anschließend den Raspberry Pi per LAN Kabel mit dem Router verbinden. Im Router nachschauen welche IP Adresse dem Raspberry Pi zugewiesen wurden. Diese IP Adresse in den Browser eingeben und man gelangte auf das Interface. Das hatte alles schon funktioniert, der Raspberry Pi wurden per WLAN verbunden und war über's Internet (VRM) erreichbar.

Was nicht funktioniert hat, war dass das Victron Energy VE.Direct zu USB-Interface Kabel bzw. der Laderegler nicht am Raspberry Pi 4 erkannt wurde.

Die Kommunikation am Notebook VictronConnect Software + Victron Energy VE.Direct zu USB-Interface funktioniert, am Kabel scheint es nicht zu liegen.

Drauf hab ich angefangen die SD Karte mit einem älteren Image zu beschreiben und ab da konnte ich den Raspberry Pi bei gleicher Vorgehensweise wie oben beschrieben nicht mehr per IP Adresse erreichen, entweder kann keine Verbindung hergestellt werden (timeout) oder ich bekomme die Meldung 'Failed to connect. Make sure to enable Remote Console for LAN, and reboot theb device"....
Habe mehrere Images ausprobiert, gleiches Fehlerbild.

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

SD Image: venus-image-raspberrypi4-20220531134554-v2.87.rootfs.wic.gz
32 GB SD Karte
Raspberry Pi 4 2GB V1.5

Venus GX - VGXRaspberry Piremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
@Peter_S habe die Frage mal in den Modification Bereich verschoben, wäre aber vielleicht besser die Frage da noch mal auf Englisch zu schreiben.
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnny-brusevold avatar image
johnny-brusevold answered ·

Hi Peter

If I'm not completely wrong, venus-image-raspberrypi4-20220531134554-v2.87.rootfs.wic.gz does not support Pi 4 2GB Revision 1.5.

You must use a newer image such as venus-image-raspberrypi4-20220616130540-v2.90 ~ 14.rootfs.wic.gz

read more here

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/138776/venus-os-v29012-available-for-testing.html

3 comments
2 |3000

jimmym avatar image jimmym commented ·
The link I used for these images doesn't seem to be working. Where are the newest v1.4/1.5 images available to download?
0 Likes 0 ·
johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold jimmym commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
jimmym avatar image jimmym johnny-brusevold commented ·

Appreciated.

I thought the v1.4/1.5 versions were on a google drive share. My bad

0 Likes 0 ·
jimmym avatar image
jimmym answered ·
That's correct. I have a Pi 4 v1.5 and it only works properly using the image you linked. I'm on 2.90~10 right now, but will be using ~12+ as soon as I get around to it. I'm still in the experimenting stage.
2 |3000