question

oleman70 avatar image
oleman70 asked

500A Smart shunt help with settings for 48v 105 a batteries

Had wrong battery amp hours, changed to to correct size of my three 48v 105A batteries. Now it does not show correct info such as Soc, and time left.

I have read many threads, but none match my system.

Also many threads are in a different language, am I on the wrong page?

screenshot-20220618-192301.png

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@oleman70 I moved it to the normal Q&A.

You have to make a full charge cycle to synchronize the Shunt to the new settings.

What batteries do you have?

'Charged voltage' seems to be pretty high to me.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oleman70 avatar image
oleman70 answered ·

Three 48V 105A BigBattry.

Has recommended settings on side label that has 58v recommend charge level.

Without any loads, I have gotten them to get to full charge. And from there the settings are closer to what I think the batteries are at. Think is the key word.

When I created post, the only word I recoginized was where I could put the post. All other words were in German I think.

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

If you believe the batteries to be full charged you can manually sync the batteries. The ‘charged voltage’ is used as one of the triggers to reset the state of charge and should be lower than the float voltage (double check the batteries as they may use different terminology for charged and absorption voltage). For reference the default Victron charged voltage for lithium batteries is 52.8 volts whereas the absorption voltage for lithium is 56.8 volts and float 54 volts. See the following for more details https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/51110/712-bmv-charged-voltage-setting.html

2 |3000